HMS Collingwood - RNAC - 30th of September 2013

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Morgan.B, Sep 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I'm new to this forum and was just wondering who else is going on their RNAC or PRNC on the 30th of September and if any of them are Welsh as we'll probably be catching the same train? And also what the correct push up technique is as I have been told 2 different methods they make you do in Collingwood from friends that have gone, one is hands shoulder width apart with your arms 90 degrees from your body and the other is the same but with your elbows tight to your body, which is the correct method as they did not seem to sure?
    Thanks.

2. Thanks, appreciate it.

3. Anyone heading to Collingwood from Cardiff Central train station on the 30th of September?

4. If it is the cardiff central to portsmouth harbour train then be thankful you are getting on at the first stop; i used to get it part way down the line and it gets so crowded! All the best at PRNC

5. Yeah it is the Cardiff to Portsmouth train, was just wondering as it's a 3 hour journey and was wondering wether there was anyone to talk to on the way?

6. Yeah, chances are high that at some point someone will sit by you- whether you strike up conversation is up to you but quite often i have had a little natter with people :) you meet some interesting characters on the train, plus if someone else is nervously sat dressed smartly with a bag big enough for a few days then you never know, they may well be headed there too! Works better if you don't have your headphones in as that will be a sign to most people that you do not wish to be disturbed. the phone signal for internet is pretty good (except between sailsbury to romsey) so even if it is quiet which is unlikely then the internet can keep ya company :D there is also a food cart that sells hot drinks and snacks etc, but it is pretty expensive.

7. what is your entry date for raleigh mate???

8. 19th of January, (ET,ME)
    What about you?

9. Get a room chaps, oh you will in January!

Getting shivers thinking of the harbour in Pier Cellars in January!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  10. ahh mines 1st december (WS,MW)