HMS Collingwood open day

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by Jenny_Dabber, May 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saturday 10th June 2006
  2. Brilliant. Only the RN could schedule an Open Day on the same day as the opening match for England in the 2006 World Cup....where do you think all the potential recruits are going to be, and where do you think all the stall and show personnel are going to want to be.....'sake.
  3. They did the same in 2002 when England played Denmark. They put a large screen and I mean large in the drillshed for people to watch. Please remember that the last qualifying runs for the Field Gun are around 1400 and the final is usually scheduled for around 1645.

It did affect the turnout that day and the crowd was not as large as usual, but there were still plenty of people who came along. I am a big footie fan and was running for the Collingwood crew that day, but remember, not everyone is interested in football. Hard to beleive I know, but very true. ;-)
  4. I think I remember that in 2002, I didn't go but my PTI did. I can remember getting a phone call from some stranger asking me to get his Mrs to pick him up as the taxi wouldn't take a drunk dude!
  5. dont forget the Argies spoiled the 82 FA Cup & world cup for some of us!!!