HMS Collingwood Open Day - Saturday, June 1st 2013

It's not media, it's rude to just post a link in reply to someone who does a lot for the site, and seen as though it is happening within the next few days it is surely better to have a visible title. Jeez. On another note gutted to be missing this :(
I used to love Collingwood open day. I fondly recall being jiffed to form a 'Robot Wars' team in order to give a demo of our engineering expertise come the open day, with the eventual goal of competing in Robot Wars on TV.

Needless to say we just spent 3 months pissing up and failed to build anything resembling a working robot. Our 'demonstration' consisted of an ensign draped trestle table with a remote control car on it, some Robot Wars leaflets and an old go kart chassis with a broken angle grinder Harry black maskered to the front.
Last edited:
I remember that Rab, in 197* my parents travelled down to have a look round when I was doing Phase 2, I went to the main gate to meet them and then got charged the entry fee to get back in (and I was in rig)...:(