HMS Collingwood Official Summer Leave Dates 2014

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by alexissonice, Apr 11, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have the official answer to this?

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

1 August - 25 August I think. They usually go back the week before Raleigh...

3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Could be wrong though.

4. OMM

OMM War Hero

Anyone know summer leave dates for Nelson.
    Are they likely to be the same as above? Thanks

5. Unless things have changed drastically, Collingwood is a training establishment, and as such the trainees all get a fixed leave period, and Collingwood more or less closes for this period (stand fast the duty watches) Nelson on the other hand is not, and summer leave is taken according to duties, as the base will still be required to be manned.

I am sure that someone who is not an old fart and been out of the mob for the better part of 20 years will be along shorty to tell you I am typing bollocks, but that's the way it used to be

6. And still is, Nelson isn't a training establishment although I did do my DIT course there (and not how to spin them before someone cuts in :) )

• Like Like x 1
  7. That explains quite a lot then Wrecker =) But I am sure you can find a GS type rating who will give a weather dodger like you a crash course in spinning a dit

8. I have plenty of dits mik, I just can't spin them to skimmers, if you get my drift ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. OMM

OMM War Hero

No bother, I have a ship now ☺️

10. Oh mannnn how dare they give you a ship!

Good luck :)