HMS Collingwood - Brickwoods field gun

5dits

Lantern Swinger
Before I start I know it's not earls court and its not the real field gun etc.

But who won?

tell me it wasnt the Army again.

FLAGHOIST,

Great day out, either you stayed in the beer tent and missed the competition or you did not even go to it.

Navy News dated 2002 your link.

HMS SULTAN won

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
My mate's son got squashed by one of the skydivers, apparently...

When his other son rang him up to tell him about it, he said: "Dad, there were lots of men there who were too worried in case he landed on their beer!" That'll be all the matelots then!

He's 5 years old (the son, not my mate. That'd be wrong...) :wink:

I was there with the Collingwood crew and the the result in the final was...

1. Sultan
2. HMNB Portsmouth
3. REME
4. Joint Force Harrier
5. Collingwood A
6. Heron

Heron actually aborted their run as one of their gunwheel numbers severely dislocated his knee. (It was 90 degrees to the right of where it should be)

5dits

Lantern Swinger
brigham600 said:
I was there with the Collingwood crew and the the result in the final was...

1. Sultan
2. HMNB Portsmouth
3. REME
4. Joint Force Harrier
5. Collingwood A
6. Heron

Heron actually aborted their run as one of their gunwheel numbers severely dislocated his knee. (It was 90 degrees to the right of where it should be)
Still running at your age Brigham? good to see there is still life in the old sparker!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Apologies for the size of the pics - that's how they appear on the website...

Pompey News said:
Gallery: Field gun contest fires open day into action

Thousands of people witnessed sailors in action as a naval base threw open its doors to the public.

There was a big turnout for HMS Collingwood's open day on Saturday, which was packed full of events and activities with the ever-popular field gun competition the highlight.

The Collingwood team race at the HMS Collingwood Field Gun open day.

The Collingwood team race at the HMS Collingwood Field Gun open day.

Children could enjoy a lift into a helicopter at the HMS Collingwood Field Gun open day.

Brothers (left), Oliver (four), and Charlie (seven), Wilson from Lee on the Solent take the controls of a helicopter at the HMS Collingwood Field Gun open day.

The HMS Collingwood band entertain the crowds at the HMS Collingwood Field Gun open day.

Carl Joyce (12), from Baffins climbs the wall at the HMS Collingwood Field Gun open day.

Children enjoy the funfair at the HMS Collingwood Field Gun open day.

The Hambrier family from Portchester enjoy a day out at the HMS Collingwood Field Gun open day. Dad Ron, mum Lea, and kids Jonathan (eight), and Katherine (10).

Taking a break at the HMS Collingwood Field Gun open day are (left to right), AB's Glen Gray, Rob Robinson, Daniel Scott, and Jamie Bullivant.

Frankie Broadway (12), from Lee on the Solent learns about guns from cadet Andrew Jones of the HMS Collingwood army cadet force, at the HMS Collingwood Field Gun open day.

Twenty-one crews from across the UK battled it out for the coveted Brickwood Trophy in the 101st annual competition which Collingwood has been proudly hosting since 1974.

Organisers said more than 4,000 people went to the Fareham base on the day.

As well as the field gun competition, visitors were entertained by clown shows, a motorcycle display, a fairground and face-painting.

Lieutenant Commander Dave Woollcombe-Gossen said: 'We are very much a part of the community here and these open days give us the opportunity to invite the people living around the base to come in and have a look at what we do.'
[Source]

None of you miserable gits came to the Royal British Legion stand to say hallo to the Riders branch :thumright:
Darren Campbell the olympic sprinter did though

BusterQuin said:
None of you miserable gits came to the Royal British Legion stand to say hallo to the Riders branch :thumright:
Darren Campbell the olympic sprinter did though
Sorry Buster, but I was a tad too busy over on the track. :)

Latest Threads