HMS CITIZENSHIP (the ship you join when you leave the mob)

Are you happy serving onboard HMS Citizenship?

• NO, I hate it. Can I rejoin the mob?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNSURE at present.

• I like some things but not others

• Total voters

sailorbhoy67

Midshipman
Re: HMS CITIZENSHIP (the ship you join when you leave the mo

I left the RN in april 07 after 26 years service ,had a great 26 years loved every minute of it (you never remember the bad times) ,but i decided i wanted to do something differant .I got a job with BAE systems in saudi tax free working with mostly ex RN and RAF took a payrise and wake up to sunshine everyday plus i get my daily dose of gym work for free.Yes i miss the RN alittle especially the runs ashore and the matelot sense of humour ,but we manage a reunion at prestwick were i live every year,and recall old times.On a footnote i should thank the RN for the training it gave me to enable me to easily transit from military life to civilian life ,cheers.

Temeraire

Midshipman
Re: HMS CITIZENSHIP (the ship you join when you leave the mo

I left in 79 too.Disenchantment and domestic stress.2nd worst thing I ever did (1st was getting married to a Dumbarton deb).Can't technicaly complain,joined BR 2 weeks into my terminal leave.Still with its descendents.But I joined up to see the world and have adventures.Had the adventures allright,but the world,that's for another lifetime.It's getting late in the day now and in retrospect I'd have prefered quality over quantity.Never a day goes past ,I don't regret my PVR.Last wet I had in the mob was in the Royal(Helensburgh)before going for discharge in rosyth.This old chief said to me "you'll be sorry"I said "Nah not me".Well it took 6months to prove him right and 6yrs for me to swallow my pride.So I went to the recruiting office in queen st (glasgow) and this RM sgt looked at my doc's and said "Sorry son,you're too old and too late by 12 months".Civvies! they'll never understand.Shit happens and yeah,I know,I shouldn't have joined if I couldn't take a joke.But I miss it every time I wake up.