HMS Ceres Reunion

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by trehorn, Mar 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear All,
    Sorry for posting this in several threads but I wanted to get as much distribution for this event as possible.
    HMS CERES was the supply and secretariat establishment based in Wetherby, Yorkshire which was opened in 1946. The establishment was closed in 1958.
    The name was revived in 1984 with HMS CERES the Royal Navy Reserve Unit based in Yeadon nr Leeds. This unit was closed in 1995 The name lived on however in the form of the Royal Navy logistics school based in HMS RALEIGH and in 2005 the Navy Reserve Satellite unit CALDER DIVISION relocated to Carlton Barracks in Leeds and the name was changed to CERES DIVISION.
    The reason for my post is because the HMS CERES Association have been holding a bi-annual reunion in Harrogate for a few years now. The events have always been extremely well supported and have been thoroughly enjoyed by all who attend. Unfortunately as with most associations the numbers have diminished over the years due to age, cost, ill health etc so I was hoping that by putting this thread on here there may be some former HMS CERES personnel either RN or RNR who would be interested in attending.
    The event will be taking place in Harrogate in August. If anyone would like any more information please do not hesitate to contact me by PM.
  2. B/Z the chef on my last two Ships Hms Victorious and Hms Danae Vince Parks, is an old boy :-D
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  3. Vince is a top bloke. I've had the pleasure of liaising with Vince on behalf of CERES Division for the last five or six years. CERES Division are hoping to arrange some kind of function in Leeds which may go some way towards replacing the bi-annual HMS CERES Reunions.