HMS Cavalier Needs Your Votes

Rumrat said:
whitemouse said:
Rumrat said:
whitemouse said:
Also Done.

Never served in her, but did destore (fittings mainly) her during the 70s when in Chatham before she was moved.

:)

Well if you did that you must know me as I was Reserve Ship Unit at Chats de-storing her and the Puma. There was only a few of us in the Unit at that time, we used to play sport against anyone who would take us on as to get the make-and-mends that were handed out like Sally Army tea.
And the Cribbage contest that was never ending.
You would also have lived in Mountbatten Block and remembered the fights if anyone talked in the telly room when "Rainbow" was on.
You could only cackle when the news was on. :wink:

Was living out RA in those days, being a local from Gillingham.

I was based in Supply Support Group in the Yard (Lt Cdr Wadman being the boss). Also worked on Eskimo & Hartland Point before she was sent to Belfast as prison accom.
So highly poss we might have met - I'm better at faces than names these days !!

Don't remember the Eskimo being there but was not the most enthusiastic "ship spotter" in the dockyard. Do however remember the Hartland Point as she was parked directly forward of Puma, and when duty watch (fire-watch) we had to do rounds on her in two's. She was sealed with that silver coating rhubarb, and there was only one way in . Friggin huge inside and dead creepy as she was then a completely "Dead" ship.

On the far side of the basin by the RSU office it was from seaward to inner Cavalier, Puma and then Hartland point. They was fitting out that first gas turbine thingy over the barracks side. Can't remember the name, but remember the bloody noise when they were doing full thrust trials on the sod. It sounded like a squadron of Phantoms. :twisted: :evil:

Might have been at a different time in 70s. I also restored the Pollington & Stubbington 'sweepers.
Worked with the E boats at Gill Pier, Bulldog & Beagle were tenders.
At different times I was in Pembroke Issue Room, Main Stores & Cash Clothing.
I think Triumph was in the yard at some point also.
It took me 10 years to get a Chatham draft, and I ended up there twice in about four years afterward, before leaving the mob.

Rumrat

War Hero
whitemouse said:
Rumrat said:
whitemouse said:
Rumrat said:
whitemouse said:
Also Done.

Never served in her, but did destore (fittings mainly) her during the 70s when in Chatham before she was moved.

Well if you did that you must know me as I was Reserve Ship Unit at Chats de-storing her and the Puma. There was only a few of us in the Unit at that time, we used to play sport against anyone who would take us on as to get the make-and-mends that were handed out like Sally Army tea.
And the Cribbage contest that was never ending.
You would also have lived in Mountbatten Block and remembered the fights if anyone talked in the telly room when "Rainbow" was on.
You could only cackle when the news was on. :wink:

Was living out RA in those days, being a local from Gillingham.

I was based in Supply Support Group in the Yard (Lt Cdr Wadman being the boss). Also worked on Eskimo & Hartland Point before she was sent to Belfast as prison accom.
So highly poss we might have met - I'm better at faces than names these days !!

Don't remember the Eskimo being there but was not the most enthusiastic "ship spotter" in the dockyard. Do however remember the Hartland Point as she was parked directly forward of Puma, and when duty watch (fire-watch) we had to do rounds on her in two's. She was sealed with that silver coating rhubarb, and there was only one way in . Friggin huge inside and dead creepy as she was then a completely "Dead" ship.

On the far side of the basin by the RSU office it was from seaward to inner Cavalier, Puma and then Hartland point. They was fitting out that first gas turbine thingy over the barracks side. Can't remember the name, but remember the bloody noise when they were doing full thrust trials on the sod. It sounded like a squadron of Phantoms. :twisted: :evil:

Might have been at a different time in 70s. I also restored the Pollington & Stubbington 'sweepers.
Worked with the E boats at Gill Pier, Bulldog & Beagle were tenders.
At different times I was in Pembroke Issue Room, Main Stores & Cash Clothing.
I think Triumph was in the yard at some point also.
It took me 10 years to get a Chatham draft, and I ended up there twice in about four years afterward, before leaving the mob.

Well I was there in 1974/75, and then because drafty wanted my babies he sent me next to Victory ship. :D

Rumrat said:
[..............
Worked with the E boats at ....................:)

Well I was there in 1974/75, and then because drafty wanted my babies he sent me next to Victory ship. :D[/quote]

Just left then to join the Tiger, but still might have known you ... you're not Tony Pitt are you ?

Rumrat

War Hero
whitemouse said:
Rumrat said:
[..............

Well I was there in 1974/75, and then because drafty wanted my babies he sent me next to Victory ship. :D

Just left then to join the Tiger, but still might have known you ... you're not Tony Pitt are you ?

:)[/quote]

No but I look like his brother Brad :roll: 8O :D

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Rumrat said:
whitemouse said:
Rumrat said:
[..............

No but I look like his brother Brad :roll: 8O :D[/quote]

More like his cousin Cess

Rumrat

War Hero
witsend said:
We'll be playing the RR version of family fortunes soon.

921d6cec-73f7-401b-a977-f35b5c67faff-1.jpg

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:
No visitors that day - but the Shipkeeper/Guide turned out to be another Submariner; we had completed S/M Part One training, SETT etc, together in the late ‘60s. (ex Chief Elec. ‘Casey’ ****son, so called because his initials were KC: What a great guy).

As a Navy Brat on the Churchill estate in Helensburgh, I used to live next door but one to Keith and family when he and my dad were on the Polaris programme. His eldest son Neil joined the RN too, and is, I believe now living in Australia. I think my dad is still in occasional contact with him too - small world!

FlagWagger said:
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:
No visitors that day - but the Shipkeeper/Guide turned out to be another Submariner; we had completed S/M Part One training, SETT etc, together in the late ‘60s. (ex Chief Elec. ‘Casey’ ****son, so called because his initials were KC: What a great guy).

As a Navy Brat on the Churchill estate in Helensburgh, I used to live next door but one to Keith and family when he and my dad were on the Polaris programme. His eldest son Neil joined the RN too, and is, I believe now living in Australia. I think my dad is still in occasional contact with him too - small world!

Small World indeed, Flags!

Tell your Dad to pass the Dit on next time he speaks to Keith, who must be well into his 70's now.