HMS CAMBRIDGE

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by Nutty, Jun 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nozzy

Its where gunners who thought they were submariners gathered cos they got crabby shooting their pop guns and did not polish the boots to much.

Nutty

2. Aways remember call the hands, the awakening chorus was " hands off cocks socks on "and the gash bucket lid was taken off and a stick they carried was rattled round the inside of the bin, by the duty PO or HOOKY. Mind you it was good for us oldies who were "Grog",

TOT was always 1600 after work, at the Wardroom from OOD, you always got it neat, when I was there anyway.

3. Two words...

Cement Heads

4. Tut tut, jealously gets you know where.

5. It does when you have justified my comment by misspelling nowhere? :lol:

6. That's for you PC nurds.

7. :) Is that the same thing as a PC 'nerd' ;-)

8. Especially for you, yes. :mrgreen:

9. Check the Dictionary. :lol:

10. Spent some happy months there, particularly as I was an SSAB and excused duties. One day we sent to the seacat domes at Fraser Gunnery range where I was found to have the talent. Next thing I end up as a seacat aimer and never saw the inside of a 4.5 Mk6 again. I wanted to be a gunnery rate and ended up a missileman :roll:

11. Just been playing on Google earth and decided to have a look at establishments I had visited in the mob, Pembroke, Gannet etc: got most, even found Royal Arther but Cambridge seems to have gone! Have they knocked it all down? Only thing I can see on the map is the road ways and the galley.

12. The picture of Gannet is an old one, the carpark on the living site is full.

13. Think the pictures are at least a year old as HMS/M Onyx is in Birkenhead rather than Barrow.

14. The photos could be ancient, the one of my house is 5 years old(blue +red car on drive)

15. One word...

Ramps :-(

16. Used to live in the MQs at Stamford Close in Hooe 1973-79, and the Skipper of CAMBRIDGE's house was at the end of the top block where we lived. His garden(grounds?) were full of apples, which the estate rugrats were always after, but his missus made loads of chocolate covered leaves for the scrumpers - my daughters, now all in their 30s still remember her.........

17. Don't Google Map try Windows Maps, they appear to be more up to date especeially those that go into "Birds Eye"

18. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer