HMS CAMBRIDGE

Nozzy

Its where gunners who thought they were submariners gathered cos they got crabby shooting their pop guns and did not polish the boots to much.

Nutty

grefs

Lantern Swinger
Aways remember call the hands, the awakening chorus was " hands off cocks socks on "and the gash bucket lid was taken off and a stick they carried was rattled round the inside of the bin, by the duty PO or HOOKY. Mind you it was good for us oldies who were "Grog",

TOT was always 1600 after work, at the Wardroom from OOD, you always got it neat, when I was there anyway.

Darb

Lantern Swinger
Spent some happy months there, particularly as I was an SSAB and excused duties. One day we sent to the seacat domes at Fraser Gunnery range where I was found to have the talent. Next thing I end up as a seacat aimer and never saw the inside of a 4.5 Mk6 again. I wanted to be a gunnery rate and ended up a missileman :roll:

oberon

Lantern Swinger
Just been playing on Google earth and decided to have a look at establishments I had visited in the mob, Pembroke, Gannet etc: got most, even found Royal Arther but Cambridge seems to have gone! Have they knocked it all down? Only thing I can see on the map is the road ways and the galley.

Used to live in the MQs at Stamford Close in Hooe 1973-79, and the Skipper of CAMBRIDGE's house was at the end of the top block where we lived. His garden(grounds?) were full of apples, which the estate rugrats were always after, but his missus made loads of chocolate covered leaves for the scrumpers - my daughters, now all in their 30s still remember her.........

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ballistic Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 9
Winny The Quarterdeck 4
Two of the Right History 27