HMS Cambridge gunnery range photos

Dave _ CF

Hi there,
I'd like to ask if anyone has personal photographs of HMS Cambridge Wembury during its service as an active Royal Navy gunnery range for potential use in an upcoming episode of BBC Countryfile please. I'd be very interested to see photographs that could be clear to use and that would belong to you personally. The sort of images I'd like to find would be similar to the attached postcard please. Many thanks for your time in advance.
Please feel free to contact me for further information at [email protected]
Dave Cox
Researcher
BBC Countryfile
Bristol

Attachments

Sumo

War Hero
Hi there,
I'd like to ask if anyone has personal photographs of HMS Cambridge Wembury during its service as an active Royal Navy gunnery range for potential use in an upcoming episode of BBC Countryfile please. I'd be very interested to see photographs that could be clear to use and that would belong to you personally. The sort of images I'd like to find would be similar to the attached postcard please. Many thanks for your time in advance.
Dave Cox
Researcher
BBC Countryfile
Bristol
The only bit of the postcard I remember is the accommodation blocks, the rest look old, I was there end of 1970's

Ballistic

War Hero
Hi there,
Dave Cox
Researcher
BBC Countryfile
Bristol
I might have something for you - give me a day or two and I'll see what I can come up with.

Ballistic

War Hero
No.1 mounting about to open fire...

BANG!

No.6 turret 1987

No.1 mounting, Captain of Turret's panel during the last ever 4.5" shoot 2001.
Sooty & Sweep on top of panel.

Sumo

War Hero
Yeah - No.2 mounting.
No.1 mounting up and to the right, out of picture.
Remember that be delivered to Cambridge, late 70’s.

The fixing flange was wider than the low loader it was on, which was also wider than some of the country lanes out to Cambridge, it cut its way down some of the narrow bits.

I was duty WEM, get a pipe to main gate, WE spare has arrived, QM pissing himself, points to Gun on the low loader trailer. What do you expect me to do with that? Got the lorry driver to park up and sorted him out some accommodation for the night.

Dave _ CF

I'm having severe snags with my email on my new laptop - (account issues and unsupported software I think) but I'll send them when I'm up and running.
Meanwhile, feel free to copy the pictures if you like.
Thanks again and no rush - any time next week would be great if you can please. Many thanks again, Dave

Stirlin

War Hero
The files are compressed here
???...have you tried ? , obviously not . I will take you through it , RIGHT click on image , click on Save image as
when the dialogue box pops up in the left hand column click on Desktop then Save.....voila the pic is on your desktop ready for you to e-mail to whoever.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Winny The Quarterdeck 4
Two of the Right History 27
N Bases / Shore Est 17