HMS Cambria

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by blimy, Feb 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am currently serving in the RNR and might be going to uni in Cardiff come september. As I would need to transfer to Cambria and will be a poor student (without a car), is it going to be possible to get to the unit regularly i.e. suitable bus links?

thanks, blimy

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Time+google=information... :roll:

www.yell.co.uk

Cardiff City Transport

Cardiff City Bus Timetables

Cardiff City Route Planner

HMS Cambria: Unit Information

Option 1:

Walk to: CARDIFF CENTRAL (rail)
    Train from: CARDIFF CENTRAL (rail) to CADOXTON (rail)
    Walk from: CADOXTON (rail) to Courtney Road (NE), Cadoxton, Vale of Glamorgan
    No. 88 Bus from Courtney Road (NE), Cadoxton, Vale of Glamorgan to Bendricks [SW], Sully, Vale of Glamorgan
    Walk to: CF645XU, HMS CAMBRIA, HAYES POINT, SULLY, PENARTH

Overall time: 1:06

Option 2:

Walk to: CARDIFF CENTRAL (rail)
    Train from: CARDIFF CENTRAL (rail) to DINGLE ROAD (rail)
    Walk to Windsor Arcade, Lower Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan
    No. 88 Bus from Windsor Arcade, Lower Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan to Bendricks [SW], Sully, Vale of GlamorganWalk to: CF645XU, HMS CAMBRIA, HAYES POINT, SULLY, PENARTH

Overall time: 1:09

Option 3:

No. 1 Bus from: Dumballs Road Bottom (NE), Cardiff Bay, Cardiff to Golate (1), Cardiff, Cardiff
    Walk to: Westgate St (4), Cardiff, Cardiff
    No. 93 Bus from Westgate St (4), Cardiff, Cardiff to Windsor Arcade, Lower Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan
    No. 88 Bus from Windsor Arcade, Lower Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan to Bendricks [SW], Sully, Vale of Glamorgan
    Walk to: CF645XU, HMS CAMBRIA, HAYES POINT, SULLY, PENARTH

Overall time: 1:07

3. Option 0:

Get a bicycle! (ideally second hand so its less likely to get nicked)

I would expect 7.5miles to take <30mins after a bit of practise - keep you fit as well (depending on traffic lights/tricky junctions: maybe 50min in town traffic stopping at all the lights). If there's a couple of hills it just means one part of your journey will be a bit faster than the other.
    Couple of rear panier's will allow you to transport a fair wack of kit - especially if you can remember how to fold it down to A4 ;o)

cheers,

R

4. Rix.
    I'm from that neck of the woods, and a push crank is not a viable option. You take your life in your hands just venturing on the road in a car.

Isn't there university cadet force or whatever their called at Cardiff Uni? maybe they run a bus to Canbera.

5. There will be plenty of Cardiffians travelling out to Cambria. Bung them a few quid petrol money, everyones a winner.

6. Getting home will be the problem.......

7. Lots of people coming from or passing through Cardiff to cadge a lift from. Otherwise good train service from Cardiff to Cadoxton which is the nearest station to Cambria. We run a pick up service from there to the unit and then a drop off service at the station at the end of the evening. As shipshape says, contact the numbers and all will be revealed. Look forward to seeing you at the unit.