HMS CALEDONIA Summer Fair Sunday 02 July 2006

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by dizzywtr, Apr 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not usre if this is the correct place to post this, but I have been asked to put a thread on advertising this event.

This year's CALEDONIA Fair promises to be an even bigger and better family day out than the tremendously successful 2004 Fair, with all three Regular and Reserve Armed Services and their Cadet Forces putting on dynamic and static displays. The event features the Royal Marines Band Scotland, the Scottish TA Pipes and Drums, warships open to visitors, armoured vehicles, aircraft simulators, the Army Golden Lions Free-fall Parachute Display Team, HMS GANNETS SAR Helicopter and an RAF Tornado flypast. There will also be a Naval Field Gun display; Birds of Prey; Police dog demonstrations, Earl of loudens re-enactment society and much, much more for all the family to enjoy.

Affordable on-site catering outlets will also be available throught the day.

All proceeds from the day will go to local charities.

This years chosen three charities are the Sea Cadets Corps, TheSick Kids Hospital, Edinburgh and the Jennifer Brown Research Fund.

Tickets: £3 Adults
    £2 Children (over 6 years)
    £6 Family Ticket of 4

HMS CALEDONIA, Hilton Road, Rosyth, Fife, Gates open 1100 til 1700. Free Parking. Bus Service (Small charge)
    Guide Dogs only.

2. which top brass coming ? (if any)

arse-licker (simon)
  3. ARK ROYAl is around and I think SEVERN is coming up so their CO's, em HMS SCOTIA is holding a SABRE event and so will have VIPs attending from the RN and civvies. Lord and Lady ELgin are attending, but I'm not sure if FOSNNI or NROSNNI are. Will try and find out for you though!

I'm an arse-licker too cause putting the tread on got me brownie points with our XO!!!!!!!!!!

4. any gen. on who's coming yet dizzy?

cheers mate
  5. Pity about the wet weather down at Caledonia on the 2nd July.....I was not there but I got soaked while out on my bike (not with my Bike) please note. Being in the Navy 9 years I got used to lots of gophers and water and things.