Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HMS Bulwark in London

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Unlikely... are you not serving? If so you should be able to speak to a member of the Ship's Company and see if they'll host you on board.

If not, let me know how keen you are to visit (and why) - it was my last ship (left Apr 07) so know the right people on board... PM me with details.

By the way, I cannot find anything about her being in London. Do you know where/when she is there?!

:wink: :thumright:

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I think after Jupiter pranged Tower Bridge it became unfashionable to bring big ships further up than Greenwich!

Greenwich, where we were a few weeks ago, sucking up so much crap that we had a double duty watch just to clean strainers etc.

ive allways wanted to go on a carrier or assult ship because ive only been on frigates and thats it lol and i really wanna join the navy. also my mum wants to see what the ships are like.

sgtpepperband said:
Chico: have PMd you. :thumright:

Thanks m8 but hope he gets email as he is on board and may be bisy.
But many thanks if i get on i will tell them about you.

ps: anyone you want me to find to say a word to them?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Chico: I knew everyone on board so I doubt you'd have enough time to pass on messages on my behalf... :wink:

But if you do get a chance to visit, then make sure you buy a packet of biscuits for whoever on board arranges it!! :thumright:

NNOOOO!!

Buy some nice ones from the M&S Simply Food shop thats right by the Cutty Sark!! That will go down a treat ;)

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Favours for favours, innit? As you're not old enough to buy the lucky recipient a bottle of rum instead... :wink:

sgtpepperband said:
Favours for favours, innit? As you're not old enough to buy the lucky recipient a bottle of rum instead... :wink:

Ill buy some navy rum for them i will get my mum to buy it lol

She's going to be moored at Greenwich on 12 November - I only know because GR and I have been invited to hear the FSL onboard, preceeded by a jolly on the boat collecting us, and hopefully followed a tour round the ship.

I'm hoping their hatches are wide enough to accomodate my girth and their ladders robust enough to withstand my weight! ^_^;

Any other RR'ers coming along?

Steve

thingy said:
She's going to be moored at Greenwich on 12 November - I only know because GR and I have been invited to hear the FSL onboard, preceeded by a jolly on the boat collecting us, and hopefully followed a tour round the ship.

Steve

No she arrived in greenwhich yesterday and its leaveing on monday and im on the ship saturday in greenwhich

Chicogiz said:
thingy said:

Steve

No she arrived in greenwhich yesterday and its leaveing on monday and im on the ship saturday in greenwhich

Well my invitation deffo says the evening of 12 November. Perhaps we're leaving with her on her next trip: in which case the RN must be really desperate for matelots. Looks like I'll be used for sweeping the chimneys! I'm wide enough ;)

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Wherever/whenever you go on board, I hope you both have a great time. It is a fascinating ship, and - despite being Plymouth based! - I rank it as one of my favourite drafts. The conditions and layout are a definite improvement on previous vessels; when you first walk onto the vehicle deck and look aft' towards the docking area is a definite "WOW!" moment.

If you're permitted to take photos, post your pics on RR.

:thumright:

thingy said:
Chicogiz said:
thingy said:

Steve

Well my invitation deffo says the evening of 12 November. Perhaps we're leaving with her on her next trip: in which case the RN must be really desperate for matelots. Looks like I'll be used for sweeping the chimneys! I'm wide enough ;)

Hope its a mistake and your on saturday so i can see you :thumright:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS HMS Bulwark demonstrates capabilities in London Current Affairs 1
R HMS Bulwark 1960 Chopper droping cars History 2
MoD_RSS News story: Prime Minister marks Armistice Day on HMS Bulwark MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Enterprise to replace HMS Bulwark in the Mediterranean MoD News 11
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Bulwark conducts largest rescue to date MoD News 0
babygravy HMS Bulwark rescues more migrants in Middle East Current Affairs 30
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Bulwark rescues over 400 migrants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HMS Bulwark and Merlin helicopters ready for operations in the Mediterranean MoD News 0
Branch-Hopper HMS Bulwark - Med Ops Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
dixie_gooner Sailor dies in incident on HMS Bulwark MoD News 20
soleil Herald: "Plymouth-based HMS Bulwark Gets A New Commanding Officer" The Fleet 0
soleil Herald: "Royal Navy Flagship HMS Bulwark To Return To Plymouth On Friday" The Fleet 13
P Defence Minister drops a ball over name of HMS Bulwark Current Affairs 1
soleil YouTube: HMS Bulwark - Aviation The Fleet Air Arm 7
MoD_RSS HMS Bulwark lands commandos in the Arctic Current Affairs 0
soleil Herald: "HMS Bulwark Going To Oslo" The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS HMS Bulwark visits home of German Navy Current Affairs 7
MoD_RSS HMS Bulwark develops her twin Chinook capability Current Affairs 0
soleil Daily Echo: "HMS Bulwark Lined Up For Visit To PSP Southampton Boat Show" The Fleet 1
soleil BBC: "HMS Bulwark Gets Olympic Sailing Command Role" The Fleet 8
soleil "Devon Public Urged To Board Navy Leviathan HMS Bulwark – Tickets Available Now!" The Fleet 19
soleil Navy News: "Falklands Landing Craft Crew Honoured By HMS Bulwark" The Corps 0
MoD_RSS HMS Bulwark Rejoins The Fleet The Fleet 1
soleil Durham Times: "Proud Day As HMS Bulwark Crew March In City" The Fleet 10
soleil Malta Times: "Maltese Scout Group on HMS Bulwark" The Fleet 0
C HMS Bulwark... Social & Reunions 9
soleil HMS Bulwark: A Capital Opportunity for a Capital Ship The Fleet 0
soleil Brave sea cadets board HMS Bulwark to be honoured for rescue SCC and URNU 5
soleil "HMS Bulwark in North Shields for Special Visit" The Fleet 5
soleil "Siblings on board as HMS Bulwark arrives in North Shields" The Fleet 0
soleil HMS Bulwark returns to Guzz The Fleet 2
soleil Top Trumps - Channel 5 - HMS Bulwark Current Affairs 1
big_nev Banned Brussel Sprouts on HMS BULWARK The Gash Barge 4
B HMS BULWARK ARRIVES IN LIVERPOOL The Fleet 10
jambosun HMS CENTAUR, HMS BULWARK, HMS ALBION - OLD BOOKS History 2
B Thanks to the crew of HMS Bulwark Current Affairs 19
MoD_RSS HMS Audacious sails from Barrow MoD News 0
J Hms sultan start dates 2021 Joining the Royal Navy 3
Pandaplodder HMS Intrepid 1823 History 3
B Pre HMS Raleigh brief Joining the Royal Navy 13
MoD_RSS From Portsmouth to Odesa, UK and Ukraine naval cooperation on show as Ukrainian President visits HMS Prince of Wales MoD News 0
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
D HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: "HMS Ledbury Returns Home From The Gulf" The Fleet 0
soleil Lochside Press: "Camilla Calls At Faslane To See HMS Astute" Submariners 7
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh 'HMS Raleigh Welcomes Capt Suzi Nielsen As Its New Commanding Officer' Bases / Shore Est 24
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh RN Submarine School - Torpoint Marathon To Raise Money For The Submariners' Memorial Appeal Submariners 3
soleil P. News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Leaves Portsmouth For Training With US Marines F-35" The Fleet 8
N HMS Sultan Simulator training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5