HMS Bulwark in London

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Chicogiz, Nov 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone though if bulwark is open to public?

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Unlikely... are you not serving? If so you should be able to speak to a member of the Ship's Company and see if they'll host you on board.

If not, let me know how keen you are to visit (and why) - it was my last ship (left Apr 07) so know the right people on board... PM me with details.

By the way, I cannot find anything about her being in London. Do you know where/when she is there?!

:wink: :thumright:

3. Greenwich I think, certainly not alongside the Belfast.

4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I think after Jupiter pranged Tower Bridge it became unfashionable to bring big ships further up than Greenwich!

5. Greenwich, where we were a few weeks ago, sucking up so much crap that we had a double duty watch just to clean strainers etc.

6. ive allways wanted to go on a carrier or assult ship because ive only been on frigates and thats it lol and i really wanna join the navy. also my mum wants to see what the ships are like.

7. sgtpepperband

Chico: have PMd you. :thumright:

8. Thanks m8 but hope he gets email as he is on board and may be bisy.
    But many thanks if i get on i will tell them about you.

ps: anyone you want me to find to say a word to them?

9. sgtpepperband

Chico: I knew everyone on board so I doubt you'd have enough time to pass on messages on my behalf... :wink:

But if you do get a chance to visit, then make sure you buy a packet of biscuits for whoever on board arranges it!! :thumright:

10. NNOOOO!!

Buy some nice ones from the M&S Simply Food shop thats right by the Cutty Sark!! That will go down a treat ;)

11. why biscuits lol?

12. sgtpepperband

Favours for favours, innit? As you're not old enough to buy the lucky recipient a bottle of rum instead... :wink:

13. Ill buy some navy rum for them i will get my mum to buy it lol

14. Thankyou so much im going on bulwark on saturday with my dad and mum

15. She's going to be moored at Greenwich on 12 November - I only know because GR and I have been invited to hear the FSL onboard, preceeded by a jolly on the boat collecting us, and hopefully followed a tour round the ship.

I'm hoping their hatches are wide enough to accomodate my girth and their ladders robust enough to withstand my weight! ^_^;

Any other RR'ers coming along?

Steve

16. No she arrived in greenwhich yesterday and its leaveing on monday and im on the ship saturday in greenwhich

17. Well my invitation deffo says the evening of 12 November. Perhaps we're leaving with her on her next trip: in which case the RN must be really desperate for matelots. Looks like I'll be used for sweeping the chimneys! I'm wide enough ;)

18. sgtpepperband

Wherever/whenever you go on board, I hope you both have a great time. It is a fascinating ship, and - despite being Plymouth based! - I rank it as one of my favourite drafts. The conditions and layout are a definite improvement on previous vessels; when you first walk onto the vehicle deck and look aft' towards the docking area is a definite "WOW!" moment.

If you're permitted to take photos, post your pics on RR.

:thumright:

19. I know the 1st Lt on HMS Bulwalk and have done some odd bits and bobs on her...

20. Hope its a mistake and your on saturday so i can see you :thumright: