HMS Brocklesby in Grimsby 28 Sep to 2 Oct

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Naval_Gazer, Sep 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The RN website contains this article announcing a visit to Grimsby by HMS Brocklesby from today until Sunday. Brocklesby was involved in clearing mines off Misrata during the Libyan conflict.

2. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

RIGHT. I'm going tomorrow.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The Golden Rivet is in compartment 2 Delta... :thumbup:

4. Magda

Excellent, do you think it would show presence of mind and determination to join if I go looking for it?

Is it real gold or just gold-plated?! Super cool.

Or do you think looking for it would just prove my naivete and gullibility? ;-) :slow:

5. sgtpepperband

Excellent, do you think it would show presence of mind and determination to join if I go looking for it? Yes it would - you go girl!

Is it real gold or just gold-plated?! Super cool. Some say it is gold but it's value is priceless...

Or do you think looking for it would just prove my naivete and gullibility? Not at all! It would just demonstrate your ability to do your bit for God, Queen and Country! :wink:

6. Magda

Like, totally cool and rad!

Do you think it'll help my chances of being moved up the candidate waiting list for BRNC if I wear a skirt? And killer heels? Want to look good for the returning heroes! :-D

I'll tell you what happened tomorrow!

7. sgtpepperband

Won't do any harm - and it might take the attention away from your face, I suppose... :shock: :wink:

8. Magda

From what I hear you RN types aren't very discerning, so my pock-marked, buck-toothed visage will be of little consequence ;-) And it's not like all of your are oil paintings. I'll set my standards low then I won't be disappointed. :-D

9. sgtpepperband

You've been on Minehunters before then? :shock: :wink:

10. Magda

Is that a euphemism for something? Actually perhaps it's best if I don't know.

I think my parents took me to see a minehunter when I was little. It must have been a formative experience. ;-)

11. =======================================

=======================================

Magda dear,

By now the whole Wardroom & Ships Co. will have been alerted to scan the horizons for that, charming, erudite hot-totty who has passed her AIB and is waiting for the call to BRNC and glory.

Best go in disguise and profess total ignorance of all things RN...

(Do keep your cute ginger moustache though, just to add a little confusion to the issue. :-D :wink:)

12. Magda

Oh Bob, what a charming man you are. I'll bet you've broken a few hearts in your time, you smoothie ;-)

SgtPepper might be heartened to know that I called my local AFCO before tottering off to Grimsby in my killer stilettos and leather mini skirt, and asked them what was what. As it happens, Brocklesby isn't open to the general public, but only a select few chosen persons on Saturday. I could have been one such lucky person - but fate has once again handed me a wild card. It is a truth universally acknowledged that where ever I am not, a Royal Navy ship must be (dyeseewhatIdidthere?! ;-) ).

Damn my sister's wedding day preparations.

Anyway, they've put me down for another Ship's Visit early next year. I shall take your advice Bob, and disguise myself. Here are my options:

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

They'll never suspect. Though the second one might see me route-marched from the dockside sharpish...