HMS Brilliant documentary (1995)

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by FunkyJunky, Feb 24, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not seen this for a long time. Anyone know where it is available from to buy or download.......?
    Just the last episode is available on youtube

just watching the last one, makes you wonder how much more it would have been vetted had it been made today..
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Hi Funky Junky

I know this is a bit of an old post but if you are still interested I have a copy of the series. It was originally recorded on to video and then transferred to a DVD. Let me know if you still want it. It was a good series but annoyed some senior officers so they did their best to bury it!

Have been told that Mickey Goble is now Habour Master at Sutton Pool, Plymouth. I wonder what happened to the rest of them?

Hard to believe that it was all filmed 20 years ago. I feel old!

3. Bob Hawkins, the PWO, is still in the RN and is serving in Penang, Malaysia as the Lead Maritime Planner in Headquarters Integrated Area Defence System (HQ IADS) which executes the policies of the Five Power Defence Arrangements (FPDA).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

I believe the pilot (Cooke-Priest) is still serving and is driving/recently driven a T23?
  5. Yes. The last I heard Nick Cooke-Priest was Captain of a frigate involved in operations off Libya a couple of years ago.
  6. This programme is what changed my decision from joining the crabs to RN. I would like to watch that again and see what it was that actually swayed me.
  7. The S/Lt Priest-Cook featured in it, is now the big dipper of Bulwark
  8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Did you know that he's a Navy diver? *

If that's a mirror behind him, he's facing the wrong way.

* Rhetorical question.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Met him a few times ( before TV stardom). A good egg and funny as
  10. Hi

Would you be interested in sending me a copy of this DVD please? I would be willing to pay. We've been looking for a copy for years. Many thanks
  11. Not "Priest-Cook", Tommo, but "Cooke-Priest". A perfect excuse to give this post from the 'HMS Bulwark rescues more migrants in Middle East' thread another airing:
  12. Hi Littlejoe55

I'd gladly make you a copy - no charge. It was recorded directly from the television to video tape for me (I was away at sea at the time) and I later copied it to DVD. The quality isn't 100% but its not too bad considering it's 20 years old - it's perfectly watchable. Send me your address via a personal message and I'll start copying it! I seem to be the only person in the world who has a complete set of episodes!

13. I loved Bob Hawkins comment about females at sea. " A country is morally bankrupt when it starts to send it's women to war".

didn't do him any harm...20 years later still a Lt Cdr... ( No offence Bob)
  14. Thank you, I'd really appreciate that.

How do you send a personal message, don't want to post my address!
  15. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Click on Guzman's avatar then "start a conversation" or on the toolbar at the start of the thread there should be "inbox" click there. Takes you to same area.
  16. Saw Micky Goble at last year's Sirius reunion. As it happens, he is indeed the Harbour Master.
  17. Hi
    I've sent you my address via a personal message, thanks
  18. Thanks! I'll get on to it this week.

• Like Like x 1