HMS Biter in the Sun

Yet again Servicemen find themselves in the newspapers because of circulated photographs. When are they going to learn either not to take any photographs or to keep them secure and private.

NUtty

Have we not yet learned to keep things like this to ourselves.

Personally i think its harmless fun which Jack is entitled to but the public perception may not be the same.

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Its an URNU - what do you expect....... no doubt its culled from FaceBook or something similar.

Mind you when the national papers all carried a picture of 1SL with his head in his hands during the press conference about the SSBN bump, reminders of how to handle media could start at the top.....

The university officer cadet was letting off steam at the end of a mission on board HMS Biter.
Mission, eh? How very American.

Why does everybody want to be bloody famous these days? I’m beginning to think that the popular American cartoon series, Family Guy, is a training film.

TheRowan

Lantern Swinger
This was a year or two ago... I seem to remember that the mid in question has had photos up of it on his facebook page for ages.

penrecon

Lantern Swinger
I can remember Navy News publishing pictures many years ago of the CO of a Frigate waterskiing behind his ship in the Carribbean - nowadays any hint of enjoyment of life is frowned upon by the press in the UK - what a miserable bunch we've become in this country!

TheRowan

Lantern Swinger
penrecon said:
I can remember Navy News publishing pictures many years ago of the CO of a Frigate waterskiing behind his ship in the Carribbean - nowadays any hint of enjoyment of life is frowned upon by the press in the UK - what a miserable bunch we've become in this country!
Well, to be fair, the BITER shouldn't have been wasting time like that when she should have been in the front line against international terrorism... :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trelawney126 The Fleet 0
Jenny_Dabber History 38
Jenny_Dabber Bases / Shore Est 31