HMS Biter in the Sun

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Feb 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yet again Servicemen find themselves in the newspapers because of circulated photographs. When are they going to learn either not to take any photographs or to keep them secure and private.

NUtty

2. Have we not yet learned to keep things like this to ourselves.

Personally i think its harmless fun which Jack is entitled to but the public perception may not be the same.

3. Just some guys letting off steam.
    Looked like fun to me lmao

4. Fcuk disgraceful. What a waste of public money! Do the RN run pleasure cruses now? !!!! Can I have a go? lol

5. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Its an URNU - what do you expect....... no doubt its culled from FaceBook or something similar.

Mind you when the national papers all carried a picture of 1SL with his head in his hands during the press conference about the SSBN bump, reminders of how to handle media could start at the top.....

6. Mission, eh? How very American.

Why does everybody want to be bloody famous these days? I’m beginning to think that the popular American cartoon series, Family Guy, is a training film.

7. This was a year or two ago... I seem to remember that the mid in question has had photos up of it on his facebook page for ages.

8. I can remember Navy News publishing pictures many years ago of the CO of a Frigate waterskiing behind his ship in the Carribbean - nowadays any hint of enjoyment of life is frowned upon by the press in the UK - what a miserable bunch we've become in this country!

9. Well, to be fair, the BITER shouldn't have been wasting time like that when she should have been in the front line against international terrorism... :p

10. I'm sure some high up people never tried to waterski behind a type 21 in their early careers in the 80's

11. When oh when will people learn...

...to sort out the security settings on Facebook.