HMS Astute Commissioning into the Royal Navy

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by NelliesWellies12, Aug 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Good luck lads, I wish I was part of the crew. Another legend is born!
  2. Great!
  3. Bless all who sail in her

(ps - bit concerned about the wisdom of dishing out guns to Submariners. Bit like giving fire water to the Indians!)
  4. wow...what a piece of kit
  5. Just seen the picture on page 14 of the Daily Telegraph of the Duchess.

The Matelot in the middle with the set looks like me as a 24 year old. Poor bugger.
  6. Bon Voyage(s)
  7. All the best for her new crew :D
  8. Particularly the Dusties. If they read this stuff, they might know what I mean. [​IMG]
  9. A great boat. But, and don't quote me on this, I think her pipework and cabling might just reach a tad further than from Glasgow to Dundee.

I hate to pi55 on a party!! Can't wait for a call round!!
  10. Woo! That is good news. Bon Voyage! you can dismantle her and make a massive cable-pipe from Glasgow to Dundee, and drive four London buses along it.
  11. Glad to see she is ours at last
  12. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

There was another clip on a BBC news just before the weekend but I can't find it separately on i-Player, and I only caught the tail end of it. In this a junior rate was showing his bunk space. I gather each bod has his own bunk nowadays? Getting soft are they? and he had a locker for 'toiletries' which I am sure are a considerable novelty in the submarine world, leading-edge stuff.
  13. Don't believe everything you see on TV even if it is in colour.The rating said he had a locker for "toiletries" but didn't say what was actually in there.Why waste space on such friperies,stow them in the "not required on voyage storage".