HMS Ark Royal takes to the seas again this Friday 25/09/09

"The ship’s company is excited and proud to be taking Ark Royal back to sea to commence our preparations to become the Royal Navy’s Strike Carrier and the UK’s Fleet Flagship."
Really? And besides the wardrobe, who has he been speaking too?

So are planes going to be put back on the carriers?

WreckerL said:
chaffed_and_tender said:
Soleil, do you do anything other than mutely post links?
Apart from doing shedloads of research for numpties on this site you mean?
This site would be somewhat lacking without her valuable input,and others as well :wink: PS. OMG Monty!! A strike Carrier with Harriers. " hands to flying stations 1G, Launch the planeguard " http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/invincible2(1).jpg http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/2007_1258(1)(1).jpg

medical_spakka said:
"The ship’s company is excited and proud to be taking Ark Royal back to sea to commence our preparations to become the Royal Navy’s Strike Carrier and the UK’s Fleet Flagship."

My nephew, he's well exited to be going to sea.

Re: HMS Ark Royal takes to the seas again this Friday 25/09/

During the upgrade her hull was painted with new ‘intersleek’ paint – allowing her to cut through the seas more quickly - which will cut fuel costs and emissions by nine percent. It will also increase her top speed by two knots to 30 knots.
That paint's going to be popular for water ski's and pleasure craft etc. Assuming it's been given a stock number, I foresee a Management Control approaching; also at speed.

Seadog

War Hero

chaffed and tender asked

Soleil, do you do anything other than mutely post links?
As WreckerL informed you, Soleil does way more than that and adds value to RR. Is that bernoulli's avatar you've nicked?

medical spakka wrote
Are you saying that the WOs, SRs and JRs have a different opinion to that being credited to them by their CO?

I take it from that you are not ship's company which brings me back to the last question.

Montigny_La_Palisse said:
cornishgolfer said:
"Strike carrier".............with what?
With Harriers. She'll be taking over from Illustrious next year.

Wrong Ark Royal Monty…

Current Ark Royal ≠ Strike Carrier

Previous Ark Royal = Strike Carrier

The deck park of very fast and sleek messengers of death is the giveaway. :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SILVER_FOX Current Affairs 37
D The Fleet 7
CheefTiff Social & Reunions 22