HMS ACTIVE SHIPS MODEL

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by MasterChief, Sep 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. l have recently acquired a fantastically detailed ships model (like the ones in the National Maritime Museum) of HMS Active. Its in a perpsex case and is about 5 foot long.

I was considering donating it to my local Sea Cadet Unit, but would prefer it went to a more appropriate home such as HMS ACTIVE association (if one exists) or TYPE 21 association.

Its been on display at an RAF base which has now closed and was deemed surplus to requirements.

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I may be wrong but I was told (because we have one here of a T42) that they are itemised and are to be disposed icw disposal agency procedures. In short I am fairly certain they can't just be deemed surplus to needs and thrown out/given away as they have a high residual value.

Might be worth clearing your stern arcs?

3. Only people working on that ship are the Woo's, must be lazy sunday and the rest are having a BBQ!!! :)

4. Roger that but already covered, there were around 30 plus models all disposed of correctly and following the correct guidelines.
    They really were surplus and I want this one going to a worthy home

5. Believe your right WD. We have a few submarine ones at work and are "owned" by the mob, a model of Warspite was valued at £3000 and one of Reso at £5000.

It may be on someones PLR and classed as a trophy. Maybe clearing stern arcs with the trophy store in HMS Nelson and/or DNR who use these type of things in AFCO's

edited to add you replied whilst posting this MC

6. As I said already cleared by all the relevant authorities and paperwork to prove.

7. My older brother served on her from 90-93, I went on families day on their as a kid too. There is a 21 club reunion coming up in GUZZ in October

8. This might seem a little nit pickey but wheres the Seacat launcher gone?

Plus to JFH, mate the woo's have broken the bugie that's the only reason they're turned too.

Nice model though, I'm sure the 21 Club reunion in Guzz this October would love to have it at least for a short visit.

Great class of ship the 21's

9. Good spot i wondered where that had gone, it must have been taken off for opdef repair.
    I will have to see what I can find

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Would it be worth putting it up for raffle at the 21 Guz reunion, proceeds to charity?

11. Think i might know the guy that landed the Lynx on there... :D :D

12. I spoke to my brother who is going to the reunion in October, he said to speak to a Mark Brocklehurst through the website link given. My brother said there is a guy selling a HMS Active model all over facebook as well for a grand, are you the person selling on facebook by any chance?

13. Absolutely not me. I am a serving RNR Senior Rate and want this model to to be used to honour those that served on this ship and to remember it's place in Naval history .
    I am not displaying this to make a fast buck

14. Well it seems there are two HMS Active models about presently :lol:

But he said contact that person through the website link mentioned before as he'd be the best person to speak to.

:D

15. The lack of a Seacat Launcher seems to be a fairly drastic mistake.
    Is this a model envisaged before build?

16. It was there but someone has taken it.
    It had been at a RAF base for years