HMNB Clyde Submarine Visit

As the sun has been out up there recentl, it may be time to remind you all to slip, slap, slop - or whatever the sunburn obsessed Aussies say........ But with a Scottish slant!

As the sun has been out up there recentl, it may be time to remind you all to slip, slap, slop - or whatever the sunburn obsessed Aussies say........ But with a Scottish slant!

Not yesterday, highest temps reported were in Scotland , must of scared the crap out of them, big yellow ball in the sky, but not to worry, torrential down poor's all weekend , back to normal.:(

Searched through the threads and cant find what im looking for. Visiting HMNB Clyde this week and my AFCO said I need to dress smart casual but wear trousers. does this mean jeans and shoes or suit pants? Emailed the AFCO and not heard back yet, hoping someone can help. Thanks!

Smart Casual has a norm has not included jeans.
A pair of trousers does not = jeans or shorts
Not sure if you will be visiting a boat, but if you do you will be required to climb vertical ladders, so a pair of shoes, relatively flat with an heel may help (not stilettos or platforms)

Take a good rain coat/fowl weather clothing.

@Ninja_Stoker @WreckerL @SONAR-BENDER anything to add?

Thanks both. Shirt and trousers it is. Fingers crossed rain coat wont be needed, forecast for sun sun sun :cool:
You are going to Faslane 2 main weather forecasts, if you can see across the Lock it is about to rain, if you cannot see across the Lock it is raining? you may be lucky to get that sunny day?
Good look and enjoy, make the most of it and ask questions, this will be your only chance to quiz the elite before joining.

Eating out - haggis and chips or deep fried pizza and chips. Safeguard. All Scottish food is beige - we have no coloured food, except Irn Bru, which is orange and a drink.

I loved Faslamabad so much that I ran away and joined the Navy........ Barstewards kept sending me back!

Enjoy!

I went on the faslane trip towards the end of last year, bunch of lads all went for two days. I was smartest dressed in shirt and jeans, some lads were in trackies (face palm). Was good a time, visited artful while it was there and had a go at the digital range top tip, if you go, don’t waste rounds on the tanks haha

Really enjoyed the trip and decided to change my application to boats instead of surface. Got to look at and walk around one of the v boats. couldn't believe the size of it!! The digital range was brilliant and good fun