Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

HMNB Clyde Submarine Visit

TNSL101

Midshipman
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone else is on the two day submarine visit to HMNB Clyde at the end of June?

And any applicants who have been on this two day visit before - what were your opinions/reviews of it?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone else is on the two day submarine visit to HMNB Clyde at the end of June?

And any applicants who have been on this two day visit before - how did you find it?

Thanks
Get the train to Helensburgh and ask one of the locals who will point you in the right direction;)

I don't think I made the question clear enough - my fault! When I said 'how did you find it'...I meant 'what was your opinion of it?'

'How did you find it' must only be a saying from where I'm from!

I know literally where to find it from the maps :D

Yeah, it's a two day visit. I think we go aboard one of the boats and have a guided tour, speak to submariners etc. I missed out on the May trip because there were only limited places but managed to get on the June trip.

Last edited:
Re: 'one of the subs '; try using the term 'submarines', or better still 'boats', and you'll be off to an improved start.

[I almost added 'take a raincoat & sou'wester' but presently the weather up there looks rather unseasonable for 'Fazzers'...]

PS IDEA - It would be kind of you to post up a summary of your visit when you return, please.

Useful for others in the future and t'would invoke nostalgia (or even neuralgia?) for those who left the area waaay back when most of it was all fields. :cool:

I went too faslav for 2 days after that I asked if I could go home, that horrible nasty chief shouted at me, in a very strange accent, someone translated for me, the Chief says No, so I hung around for a few more years. Nice place when or is that if the sun shines?

I went too faslav for 2 days after that I asked if I could go home, that horrible nasty chief shouted at me, in a very strange accent, someone translated for me, the Chief says No, so I hung around for a few more years. Nice place when or is that if the sun shines?
Sunshine is a bad thing as it wakes up the carnivorous mossies!!

Latest Threads