Hmm...Kidney Stones?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by polarbear, May 3, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have read that a bout of kidney stones will result in a PMU...although also have read that a small, one-off may be considered if the doc knows all the details.

It was a 10 years ago, and clear since. No history at all in the family of them. Doctor said the likelyhood of recurring was low, something about the type of stone.

Any advice guys? I think the regs wording states "a history" of calculi ie. recurrent?

It'll be a total heartbreaker if a poxy little stone b****rs my chances at engineering.
  2. I can't help on this, but I hope it does not harm your progress.

Good luck.
    • Braindead Braindead x 2
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Definitive medical advice, as you are probably aware, can only be given by a qualified service medical professional.

Hopefully @angrydoc or @nemesis1066 can give a more accurate pointer.

In the meantime, paragraph 4F-10 in the relevant JSP annex (below, uploaded from Arrse) may give a bit of a pointer.

P2 = Passed fit to enter service
    P8= Unfit for military service

Best o'luck

Attached Files:

4. @Ninja_Stoker that seems fairly black and white...proven history at all it seems. I will have to hope and see what the medical says, although it doesn't seem too hopeful! Any further advice anyone?
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just take a full copy of your medical history relating to this condition to your medical examination. Whatever the outcome, you will speed up the process.

Fingers-crossed it goes your way, but obviously don't stop job hunting in the meantime.
  6. I'm currently an engineer in a powerplant, so thankfully won't be out of work waiting... Shall try and get a copy of my records from my Doc.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. simpsons.png
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. @dapperdunn something like that! With less buttons. Is that the Navy's stereotype of what a M.E does most of the time? Haha
  9. Thats a good watchkeeping pose and one I employed on many occasions, what's the point of putting alarms on systems if you're not going to use them ;)
    • Like Like x 3
  10. appears that is the end of it! Kidney stones aren't allowed at all, no matter how long ago. Bit disappointing, but that's it.
  11. Thats a bloody shame for you mate.
  12. Back to[​IMG]then!
  13. Haha, yes, I may practice my Homer-ing. Afraid we've had a major turbine failure, so not so much feet on desks and eating donuts, shall take my mind off things!