Hmm...Kidney Stones?

I have read that a bout of kidney stones will result in a PMU...although also have read that a small, one-off may be considered if the doc knows all the details.

It was a 10 years ago, and clear since. No history at all in the family of them. Doctor said the likelyhood of recurring was low, something about the type of stone.

Any advice guys? I think the regs wording states "a history" of calculi ie. recurrent?

It'll be a total heartbreaker if a poxy little stone b****rs my chances at engineering.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Definitive medical advice, as you are probably aware, can only be given by a qualified service medical professional.

Hopefully @angrydoc or @nemesis1066 can give a more accurate pointer.

In the meantime, paragraph 4F-10 in the relevant JSP annex (below, uploaded from Arrse) may give a bit of a pointer.

P2 = Passed fit to enter service
P8= Unfit for military service

Best o'luck

Attachments

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Just take a full copy of your medical history relating to this condition to your medical examination. Whatever the outcome, you will speed up the process.

Fingers-crossed it goes your way, but obviously don't stop job hunting in the meantime.

Haha, yes, I may practice my Homer-ing. Afraid we've had a major turbine failure, so not so much feet on desks and eating donuts, shall take my mind off things!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Diamond Lil's 2
S Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
brazenhussy Motoring 1