HMCS/M Onondaga's preparations

Well frig, now what am I going to point out to the granddarlings? Somehow the CGS ships just don't do it for the little guy.

Going to miss seeing them as I cross the bridge.

Not having been an SSK man (I spent more time at sea on an FGS submarine in the Portland exercise areas) I can only imagine your despair and angst at what national governments do to these fine old ladies!

I did spend quite a few nights as duty watch on Grampus in Dolphin on sprogs course and used the rack with the main vent just above my groin area.
As I have fond memories of Dolphin (alas no longer an operational submarine base) one of those memories is the smell of diesel. Remember I didn't spend long enough onboard to be nauseated by it.
Whenever I bimble past a petrol station and catch a whiff of diesel the smell transports me straight back to a time when I could do anything and had the body to do just that! I get very nostalgic.

I have yet to encounter any place in civvy street that has a nuclear submarine sickly sweet smell about it. I wonder how I'll react when I do?

Sigh.......memories. It is said that the strongest memories are those that include smell. They are right!