High priority roles?

Its a very typical draft, it's a draft like this then sea for a year then another 2 years of this, , I'm 6 months into it with another year before my draft ends so I'd say I've given it a reasonable go, I also got a good mpar and sjar so it's not like I've sat on my arse being miserable which might help me?
You have not said what your current branch is or how long you have been in your branch?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It makes me laugh that they want 30 months ROS for a 6 week course lol
Me too. The Treasury begs to differ.

Initial Naval Training is 10 weeks & it costs more than £7000 to get a recruit to Raleigh, after which it's about £1000 a week to train each RN recruit (nearer £2k for RM), including paying them a wage before they can do their job.

The shortest training period for any RN branch is 3 months (for qualified nurses joining with a Nursing Degree). After that, the shortest training pipelines are NA(AH), STD & Supply Chain who each take 7 months to train, prior to on job training/task book training.

Whatever branch you join, you've cost the taxpayer somewhere between £37,000 (jobs above) and £167,000 (student nurse) to train.

Me too. The Treasury begs to differ.

Initial Naval Training is 10 weeks & it costs more than £7000 to get a recruit to Raleigh, after which it's about £1000 a week to train each RN recruit (nearer £2k for RM), including paying them a wage before they can do their job.

The shortest training period for any RN branch is 3 months (for qualified nurses joining with a Nursing Degree). After that, the shortest training pipelines are NA(AH), STD & Supply Chain who each take 7 months to train, prior to on job training/task book training.

Whatever branch you join, you've cost the taxpayer somewhere between £37,000 (jobs above) and £167,000 (student nurse) to train.
My branch training course was 6 weeks long and took a month of task book work to get signed off. I understand its a pain for people to move around branches but they don't lose the Raleigh investment from a transfer. Its just awful because the hierarchy are all signing off, morale across the branch is 0 and we keep being told the branch won't exist in 5 years so I really want to jump ship now

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
My branch training course was 6 weeks long and took a month of task book work to get signed off. I understand its a pain for people to move around branches but they don't lose the Raleigh investment from a transfer. Its just awful because the hierarchy are all signing off, morale across the branch is 0 and we keep being told the branch won't exist in 5 years so I really want to jump ship now
There is no branch that currently lists six weeks phase two training in the Job Eligibility Matrix. Do us a favour, PM me your branch details so I can get the branch manager to update. Anonymity assured.

My logic was it sounds like a transfer could be hard if its not a branch with high priority?? I do love the navy but my current draft is single man watches for 12 hours and its miserable, I'm 6 months into it with another year before my draft ends so I'd say I've given it a reasonable go, I also got a good mpar and sjar so it's not like I've sat on my arse being miserable which might help me?
where the heck are you?