High priority roles?

Good afternoon,

I'm currently in the RN but I hate my job and its not what I want at all, but I love the navy. Do you know which roles are high priority so I could think about which ones to look into. I imagine high priority or branches that need people are more likely to get a signature off my DO.

Are they still desperate for engineers and if so which branches specifically?

Kind regards in advance

As some on here are ex RN it may be best to talk to your DO in the first instance. But before you do think very hard on what you want to do? Jump at a new branch just to get out of one crap job may end up in another. How long have you been in? You need to do a return of service, post part 2 training. Speak to your DO.

Good afternoon,

I'm currently in the RN but I hate my job and its not what I want at all, but I love the navy. Do you know which roles are high priority so I could think about which ones to look into. I imagine high priority or branches that need people are more likely to get a signature off my DO.

Are they still desperate for engineers and if so which branches specifically?

Kind regards in advance
Can you cook?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ah that's really frustrating. I'm stuck in a dead branch but I don't really want to love underwater or dish out cups of tea to officers so I think I'm a bit fucked lol
Navy Police are gagging for applicants. NA(SE) is now classed as a technical branch and there are places available. We also need pilots.

Navy Police are gagging for applicants. NA(SE) is now classed as a technical branch and there are places available. We also need pilots.

My current branch is very isolated and lonely, so I don't think RN police would fix that issue. I wanted to switch to stoker but sounds like they don't need them, I guess I'll have to ride out my time and put my chit in, thanks for the help

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
My current branch is very isolated and lonely, so I don't think RN police would fix that issue. I wanted to switch to stoker but sounds like they don't need them, I guess I'll have to ride out my time and put my chit in, thanks for the help
I don't follow your logic. If you like the Navy but not your branch, apply to transfer. You should still be able to transfer to ET(ME) and get into phase two quicker than it takes you to serve your notice to leave.

If you haven't completed your 30 months return of service (RoS) in your current branch then the odds are you've not given it a chance.

I don't follow your logic. If you like the Navy but not your branch, apply to transfer. You should still be able to transfer to ET(ME) and get into phase two quicker than it takes you to serve your notice to leave.
My logic was it sounds like a transfer could be hard if its not a branch with high priority?? I do love the navy but my current draft is single man watches for 12 hours and its miserable, I'm 6 months into it with another year before my draft ends so I'd say I've given it a reasonable go, I also got a good mpar and sjar so it's not like I've sat on my arse being miserable which might help me?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
My logic was it sounds like a transfer could be hard if its not a branch with high priority?? I do love the navy but my current draft is single man watches for 12 hours and its miserable
Is your current draft typical of the branch or just a one-off gash draft?

My understanding is it is better to let someone transfer (after completing their RoS) rather than lose them completely. If you're still within the RoS, then even a shortage category branch change is rather less likely.

Is your current draft typical of the branch or just a one-off gash draft?

My understanding is it is better to let someone transfer (after completing their RoS) rather than lose them completely. If you're still within the RoS, then even a shortage category branch change is rather less likely.
Its a very typical draft, it's a draft like this then sea for a year then another 2 years of this, , I'm 6 months into it with another year before my draft ends so I'd say I've given it a reasonable go, I also got a good mpar and sjar so it's not like I've sat on my arse being miserable which might help me?