Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I just found this forum whilst Googling for a 'trouser version.' I had no idea this sort of thing existed, so it's reassuring to read comments from some other people who are set to join the Navy (and those who are already part of it, naturally!). I'm scheduled to join at the end of October after waiting nearly 18 months and It's been one hell of a wait - but it's nearly over.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and that I've enjoyed flicking through the various topics of debate.

Tom

2. Greetings to you - enjoy the contents.

:?: What were you looking for in 'trouser version' - be very, very careful how you answer, there is a lot of traps setup in here :wink:

3. Never come across the expression Trouser Version before. Does this mean that I've led a sheltered life? Should I worry that I'm not in on the current phraseology?

SF

4. SF, Im with you there but Im not to sure if I want to know what a 'trouser version.' is. I have lived this long without knowing what one is so I suspect I really have no need to know

5. Maybe it's part of RN Steward training? :D

SF

...... and as he pulled the pin he realised there was no turning back now.

6. Thanks for the replies! 'Trouser Version' on the list of things you're meant to take the HMS Raleigh (found on the RN website) - but I've since found out that it's just a coat hanger with a bar across the bottom!!

Cheers,

Tom

7. Didn't have such things in the old Navy - we folded the bell trousers at the creases and rolled up the jumpers - :)

8. ...slept in hammocks, and was second poder monkey on B deck!

9. Would that be powder? :D

10. Thankyou, yes it was!

11. Hammock - couldn't set the things up, so had to use campbed irons or bunks !!

Powder monkey was a bit before my time - but did do Gunbay crew cos there weren't enough dabtoes to do the job (and they still called us non-combatants :?

:lol:

12. i stand humbled before you....!

13. Thank god for that I was beginning to wonder what it was all about. The mind boggles at what it could have meant.

BBD

14. lol - I had an image in my mind:

[​IMG]