Hi

#1
Hi, I just found this forum whilst Googling for a 'trouser version.' I had no idea this sort of thing existed, so it's reassuring to read comments from some other people who are set to join the Navy (and those who are already part of it, naturally!). I'm scheduled to join at the end of October after waiting nearly 18 months and It's been one hell of a wait - but it's nearly over.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and that I've enjoyed flicking through the various topics of debate.

Tom
 
#2
Greetings to you - enjoy the contents.

:?: What were you looking for in 'trouser version' - be very, very careful how you answer, there is a lot of traps setup in here :wink:
 
#3
Never come across the expression Trouser Version before. Does this mean that I've led a sheltered life? Should I worry that I'm not in on the current phraseology?

SF
 

ex_wasp_L2

Lantern Swinger
#4
SF, Im with you there but Im not to sure if I want to know what a 'trouser version.' is. I have lived this long without knowing what one is so I suspect I really have no need to know
 
#6
Thanks for the replies! 'Trouser Version' on the list of things you're meant to take the HMS Raleigh (found on the RN website) - but I've since found out that it's just a coat hanger with a bar across the bottom!!

Cheers,

Tom
 
W

whitemouse

Guest
#7
Didn't have such things in the old Navy - we folded the bell trousers at the creases and rolled up the jumpers - :)
 
#11
imom1406 said:
whitemouse said:
Didn't have such things in the old Navy - we folded the bell trousers at the creases and rolled up the jumpers - :)
...slept in hammocks, and was second poder monkey on B deck!
Hammock - couldn't set the things up, so had to use campbed irons or bunks !!

Powder monkey was a bit before my time - but did do Gunbay crew cos there weren't enough dabtoes to do the job (and they still called us non-combatants :?

:lol:
 
#12
whitemouse said:
imom1406 said:
whitemouse said:
Didn't have such things in the old Navy - we folded the bell trousers at the creases and rolled up the jumpers - :)
...slept in hammocks, and was second poder monkey on B deck!
Hammock - couldn't set the things up, so had to use campbed irons or bunks !!

Powder monkey was a bit before my time - but did do Gunbay crew cos there weren't enough dabtoes to do the job (and they still called us non-combatants :?

:lol:
i stand humbled before you....!
 
#13
tomleecee said:
Thanks for the replies! 'Trouser Version' on the list of things you're meant to take the HMS Raleigh (found on the RN website) - but I've since found out that it's just a coat hanger with a bar across the bottom!!

Cheers,

Tom
Thank god for that I was beginning to wonder what it was all about. The mind boggles at what it could have meant.


BBD
 

Latest Threads