Hi to my new future colleagues

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by grace, Jul 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi just passed my interviews for the navy today, i'm really excited and looking for any good advice?
  2. Well done on passing. Lots of advice on here already so worth having a trawl thru. If you have any questions ask away or send a pm if its about any personel stuff.
  3. don't join
  4. just joking!!!! well done.
  5. thanks for replying. i'm joining the fleet air arm as an AET just come in from having a few celebrationary drinks!!
  6. Well done lad the only advice i can give is to enjoy every minute of it, its not a job to me its a life style and all you gotta do is have a laugh.

Somebody also mentioned keeping a diary so you got something to look back on cos i guarantee that you wont remember half the things you got up to thru the drunken haze.

Frigin wafus
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hello Grace & Welcome.

Be sure to acquire a sun-lounger that is lightweight, robust & compact so's you can easily stow it in the deckchair storage locker/hangar thingy. (It's not on the official kit list.)

Subscribe to "Cockpit" magazine, they will have a list of reputable "clicky-bed" dealers & a comparison chart of the in-vogue sun creams. They also have bits about flight safety, but the cartoons generally sum up the important bits well enough.

Investigate whether you can acquire sunglasses through Naval Stores before you incur the uneccessary expense on a pair of Oakleys. :thumright:
  8. Congrats - get fit and if you think your fit already - your not lol, learn how to do kit and polish boots - and learn to think before you speak. once again congrats
  9. Welcome aboard Gracie :w00t:

I like Ninja's advice - linking in with his theme also don't forget to join PPRUNE (Professional Pilots Rumour Network - online).

Because you'll get to know lots about aircraft you will find lots of tips on there for how to pretend to be a pilot, pose and look good , and talk a complete load of bollox to try and impress people!

oooh, do pilots do that? :pukel:

On a serious side though, good luck. :thumright:
  10. Well Done and Good Luck in your new career.

Why did you pick WAFU?
  11. go to the aquaint centre at hms caledonia, its a 4 day course for new recruits. I went and thought it was quality. ask your afco about it
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Using a computer whilst under the influence?! You'll fit in the RN and RR fine... :wink:
  13. Congratulations! Guaranteed, nothing better than recruitment process to make you feel good about yourself :)
  14. FFS am I allowed to comment on here? to any guys on here, if you have`nt given birth, then **** Off.
  15. Welcome on board.

Remember Royal Navy by Choice
    Fleet Air Arm By Ability.

Fly Navy