Hi To All........

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Bickleigh_Bomber, Dec 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :thanks:

Hello to all, another retired "Booty" .

Anyway, ive always had a niggling question, hopefully i might get a good respose here!

Ques: Other than in name, what has Royal got in common with the USMC?

1/ The training is completely different

2/ Women serve in the USMC

3/ Their Corps has approx 190.000 members! (Bigger than the whole British Forces!)

Looking through Royal Marine History, our affiliation is more on a par with the US Army Rangers:

In May 1942, during World War II, the 1st Ranger Battalion was sanctioned, recruited, and began training in Scotland under the British Commandos;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Rangers

I recently went to a USMC Birthday celebration, Ummm, Very inspiring, but... somehow i felt it was over the top!

[​IMG]

Yours Confused! :usa2:

2. Hi BB and welcome to Rum Ration good to have another Royal aboard.

Differences...They'm speaks all funny loike my petal, innit? :thumright:
    Their Blues look like something hired at a Fancy Dress shop.
    They think muscle/bulk equates to fitness, overall poor stamina.
    Good kit (Generally) and lots of it.

Similarities.
    Corps pished
    Hugh egos/belief in invincibility and Godlike ability to attract women.
    Stunned expressions on fizzogs when above proves false. :thumright:

That Routemaster reminds me of the good old days. :w00t:

Edited to add welcome, 'cos me dumbass.

3. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

PMSL! Shipmate you and blobby should form a double act and go on tour. There's a huge gap in the market since Cannon and Ball retired. :thumright:

4. Blobby and I are the New Zealand (South Island) Contingent (Unofficial["SPLITTERS!!"]) of the Royal Marine Association, we even have our own tame WAFU who we take out on the pish occasionally to scare off the attractive birds, so that the missuses don't catch on to what fanny magnets we still are.
    As for our double act we auditioned for 'New Zealands Got Talent' last week but dipped out to a farmer with an amazing collie dog herding sheep....NZers I've shit 'em!!

5. ^_^;

All about Bickleigh_Bomber
    Web Site: http://civviestreet.proboards19.com/index.cgi?
    My Occupation: Retired
    Interests: M/bikes +
    Signature: The More Birthdays You Have - The Longer You Live..!

?

Jees, whats a midshipman? :scratch:

6. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Brilliant mate, don't hurt the Airy-fairy though they're fragile beings.

7. A noob (Sprog) on the site, get amongst it and you'll soon be promoted to Captain of the Heads. :thumright:
    The more you post the more your 'rank' changes, doesn't mean Faff all in reality but does for example show that you can swing the lamp with the best of 'em. :w00t:

8. Welcome aboard bomber.

I totally agree with your sentiments reference the USMC. All piss and wind but not much substance although you can't knock them on their patriotism and enthusiasm to get killed quickly!!

XRD

:thumright:

9. The "Bickliegh Bomber".......................now theres a saying I've not heard in a very time!

JT

10. Jump off The Bomber at the George for a quick pint whilst 2 finger Fred and the Number 58 diverted down to Glenholt.

Happy Daze

RM

11. Oh for the days when you could run across the pitch and jump the fence cos the bomber was at the bus stop!

IMD

12. God yes! Every now and then there would be something on Orders about only using the Main Gate.

In the summer if you waited at the bus stop and the wind was in the right direction you would be wafted with the smell of horse shite from the Corps stables..........

JT