Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi people - Creddly returns

brazenhussy said:
well done babe - best of luck xx

Thanks Brazenhussy. :wink:

Red_ said:
good luck Creddly in the RN, im suppsosed to be in week 6 of basic at the mo but i have been stonehoused ive hurt my foot but hopefully i will be back in training soon.
Anyway Good luck again
Redxx

Thanks Redxx.

It's such a shame - and it was only two weeks to passing out am I right?

I hope your injury heals very soon.

Squirrel said:
Very well done Creddly and good luck , I was wondering where you'd got to.

lol thanks Squirrel. I'm always here, just not always posting.

Since I'm a Navy newbie, I doubt my advice would do any good, so the only thing I can post is information about my application and up until now, nothing had happened.

Will keep you posted.

Stripey_G said:
Quote:All I need is a job. I don't care really how crap the job is, just one that is permanent so I can stick to it all the way up to joining the Navy, just to show I can stick to something.Quote

Quote: But in my area there's not a lot - bang in the middle of the Welsh Valleys! lol Quote

Try volunteering to paint the "X" on the back of the sheep over there in Wales!!?? (Sorry Creddly, couldn't resist that, and you will not understand that unless you look at another thread on Diamond Lil's) :grin:

Lol no worries Stripey, I'm become used to it from my family in England whenever I visit them. I'm mostly English anyway.

slim said:
Credders, If you don't manage to find work it is possibly worth your while trying to get on a maths and English course at your local college of knowledge. You never know its possible that you may obtain GCSE passes at grade C or above. This would certainly help get the AET or CT position in the RN.
Whatever you do best of luck

Thanks again for the advice Slim. I actually visited the local Library today as there are Computer Courses running there every night. You can learn up to level 3 on CLAiT and ECDL. I'm hoping to pass a couple before I get my main interview. Hopefully with them and a job, it'll look good.

The only place that does the GCSE Maths and English are the local Colleges (Coleg Gwent) and it's too late to start now. I'd have to wait until September - by that time I hope I've at least had my main interview lol.

janner said:
BZ is Naval speak for well done, originally it was the flag hoist used to signify a manoevre (sp) well executed

Before reading this I looked it up and a few others. I'm drinking a cup of 'wet' as we speak :grin:

TattooDog said:
Well done Creddly! Hope the job hunting goes well & it doesn't take you too long to join the RN.

Thanks TattooDog. I've got a couple of jobs I'm applying for tomorrow. But they're CV applications. In other words, they'll look at mine and throw it straight in the bin. lol

Oh well, I've got to keep trying. I won't give up! :twisted:

Always_a_Civvy said:
Creddly, for the precise purpose of naval socks and the types that are recommended (after all you don't want to cause burn marks) originated here and developed further here.
The duvets thread is here.

I hope the Naval men don't really descend to that level of desperation! lol

I can understand having your own duvet cover is a nice touch, but crusty socks... :shock:

Nutty said:
slim said:
Great posting Credders, Looks like your well written letter did the trick so its not only us old farts on RR who like to see well written English.
Best of luck with everything, and I hope you get your choice of trade

Slim or as we say in Espanol "Delgado"

No its Old Pharts in Recruiting Offices who also have a hankering for the English as she is wrote as well.

Creddy

See never ever throw a bit of paper away, one day it will come in handy. Hope all goes well for you

Nutty

Remember the famous Del Boy episode? "Always keep receipts".

Seriously, I'm glad I didn't through these away.

Can't believe that I've grown 3 inches in the last 3 years either.

I thought I'd stopped growing! lol

Thanks anyway nutty. Will give it my all! :mrgreen:

Welcome back Creddly and well done keep up the good work.

As to the local jobs whilst waiting for the wheels to grind esceedng small as they do, try to get some of the sparkle and enthusiasm you show here into your CVs etc it will help, just remember what your extra bit did with the recruiting office.

Maxi_77 said:
Welcome back Creddly and well done keep up the good work.

As to the local jobs whilst waiting for the wheels to grind esceedng small as they do, try to get some of the sparkle and enthusiasm you show here into your CVs etc it will help, just remember what your extra bit did with the recruiting office.

Thanks Maxi

I sent a few C.Vs off yesterday! Doubt I'll hear anything.

It's getting really frightening now!

I can hold out applying for another week now before I HAVE to phone the recruitment office and explain that I have my discharge papers. After that it's up to them to decide when I have my interview, medical, fitness test, etc. I just hope I have a job by my interview as everything is stacked against me at the moment.

I feel as though no matter how well I do with the recruitment process, my background will stop me getting in. Crap job history, one minor qualification, 6 weeks in the Army.

How would I clarify to the recruitment staff that getting in would be a dream come true and I would put every ounce of sweat into it? :cry:

I really really really really 100% definitely, absolutely worship the very thought of getting in! - I know I shouldn't have put the weight on in the first place, but I've lost 4 1/2 stone now so I will look presentable and obviously to fit the weight standards!

Arggghh, I must stop moaning! Mustn't be weak - I've just got to battle on and hope for the best!!!

nutty_bag said:
Well done credders
Every inch counts my son, every inch counts

Thanks Nutty. You guys on here are the only thing keeping me optimistic at the moment! lol

Well done Creddly! The AFCO staff see so many time wasters coming through the doors, they love to see someone with a bit of ambition and brains about them. Good call on the cover letter. I know my recruiting officer says i should drop in anytime, so i do believe they genuinely have an interest in their potential recruits, and to get a bit of appreciation back must be good.

Things are dropping into place for you now! Although you want a job first, don't keep holding out if what you want is Navy. Get stuck in now you've got your forms! In your interview, the officer will find out all about you and will soon know if you're a scrounger or not. you might not have a job, but that doesn't mean you don't want one. They will see this. Crack on, i'm dying to hear all about it!

snapdragon said:
Well done Creddly! The AFCO staff see so many time wasters coming through the doors, they love to see someone with a bit of ambition and brains about them. Good call on the cover letter. I know my recruiting officer says i should drop in anytime, so i do believe they genuinely have an interest in their potential recruits, and to get a bit of appreciation back must be good.

Things are dropping into place for you now! Although you want a job first, don't keep holding out if what you want is Navy. Get stuck in now you've got your forms! In your interview, the officer will find out all about you and will soon know if you're a scrounger or not. you might not have a job, but that doesn't mean you don't want one. They will see this. Crack on, i'm dying to hear all about it!

Thanks Snappy!

That post really meant a lot!

On May 27th The Navy will have a fine new recruit alright!!!

I give up anyway now with these brainless Civvies! Like you said, the Navy will see the will and potential!

I'm going down there Thursday the 8th anyway. I'm just going to March in there with my Discharge Documents and give it my all!

I'm going down on the 8th to watch Ricky Gervais live in Cardiff so it'll kill two birds with one stone! :smile:

War Hero
creddly said:
....6 weeks in the Army.....

OK, I haven't caught up with what you'd posted before, but I gather it was a few years ago? I'm also not clear on why you left, and what I'll say is largely for you to think about rather than discuss in public.

The way to pitch that is why you finished at ATR, what it taught you about yourself and what you've done with that self awareness since then.

You must have learned something from the experience that you can apply, let them know what you think you take from ATR into Raleigh, and that allows you to focus on other things during basic.

As you'll be a bit older than most of your peers on course you'll also be expected to show some of that extra maturity, so you can exploit your previous experience in that part of the conversation as well.

Karma said:
creddly said:
....6 weeks in the Army.....

OK, I haven't caught up with what you'd posted before, but I gather it was a few years ago? I'm also not clear on why you left, and what I'll say is largely for you to think about rather than discuss in public.

The way to pitch that is why you finished at ATR, what it taught you about yourself and what you've done with that self awareness since then.

You must have learned something from the experience that you can apply, let them know what you think you take from ATR into Raleigh, and that allows you to focus on other things during basic.

As you'll be a bit older than most of your peers on course you'll also be expected to show some of that extra maturity, so you can exploit your previous experience in that part of the conversation as well.

Oh there's definitely a lot I can take from the experience of the ATR into Raleigh (Should I get there). For a start, I'll know how hectic basic can be, I'll know about Drill (Forgot to ask is Army and Navy drill the same or are there different techniques?), if there's any young-uns (Like I was in the Army) who want out, I can teach them my half-mistake as an example. I say half mistake because I'm disappointed I came out, but glad now because I'd rather the Navy, no disrespect to the Army of course.

Oh and I was 17 when I went in, 18 after 2 days in and it'll be 3 years on the 9th this month since I joined.

I'm definitely more mature now and I want to join The Navy for different reasons to why I wanted to join the Army.

As someone so eloquently put it when I first came on this site - I just wanted to 'play soldier' and it was more my father's idea than mine.

I've actually wanted to join the Navy since I was 13 and even went to the careers office at that age. How the hell I ended up in the Army I'll never know.

Like I said though, it was mostly my dad's choice and I never believed I was intelligent enough for the Navy anyway.

A confidence that was recently lifted when the Officer at AFCO called and said that judging by the covering letter I sent with my 'Return Navy Interest' form, I was over-qualified for the Army anyway and better off joining the Navy.

I know it's only one Officer's opinion but it certainly helps.

Thanks for the advice again Karma. I appreciate all the advice I've had on this site from everyone. It's really been helpful and confidence inspiring!!!

Slop_Jockey

Badgeman
A couple of tips get a job and stick at it whatever it is
Lighten up
As you only done 6 weeks in the Army you hardly gave it go, are the Armed Forces really for you?

creddly said:
I appreciate all the advice I've had on this site from everyone. It's really been helpful and confidence inspiring!!!

But there are odd exceptions - See above!

If you've read all my posts, you will see I'm trying my hardest day and night to get a job. If I should get one, I will stick at it no matter what it is.

Yes, I'm aware that 6 weeks is a pathetic amount of time to serve (Even though the Officer at AFCO in December didn't think so) but as I've stated, I joined the Army for different reasons as to why I want to join the Navy.

Yes, I definitely want to join the Navy and YES I know it's for me.

creddly said:
creddly said:
I appreciate all the advice I've had on this site from everyone. It's really been helpful and confidence inspiring!!!

If you've read all my posts, you will see I'm trying my hardest day and night to get a job. If I should get one, I will stick at it no matter what it is.

Yes, I'm aware that 6 weeks is a pathetic amount of time to serve (Even though the Officer at AFCO in December didn't think so) but as I've stated, I joined the Army for different reasons as to why I want to join the Navy.

Hopefully you'd of joined by then but I can employ you from july - sept . but you should be in by then if not give me a shout.

wet_blobby said:
creddly said:
creddly said:

Hopefully you'd of joined by then but I can employ you from july - sept . but you should be in by then if not give me a shout.

Huh?

Not to seem ignorant, but I really don't understand!? :oops: Sorry lol

creddly said:
wet_blobby said:
creddly said:
creddly said:

Huh?

Ok I'll say it slowly, if you follow your current course of action by July you should be going through your basic training.....with me so far?.... if there is some unforseen hold up with your application and you haven't joined up by July.....still with me?...... then I can offer you work from July till September....still hanging on in here?.....but hopefully you wont need to take up my offer because you would have joined up.

wet_blobby said:
creddly said:
wet_blobby said:
creddly said:
creddly said:

Huh?

Ok I'll say it slowly, if you follow your current course of action by July you should be going through your basic training.....with me so far?.... if there is some unforseen hold up with your application and you haven't joined up by July.....still with me?...... then I can offer you work from July till September....still hanging on in here?.....but hopefully you wont need to take up my offer because you would have joined up.

Wow thanks Wet Blobby!

That's very kind of you thank you!

That's bloody great news actually!

You sure the recruitment process is that fast? I imagined I'd be going in this time next year from what I hear!

If I'm definitely not doing nowt (Still) then I'll definitely take your offer.

Do I live close enough to you though? I live in the Valleys. I.e. The middle of nowhere! lol

Creddly, where you live is unimportant, you'll be on the road on tour for 12 weeks, tredegar is one of my venues though so unlike the rest of us you'll get at least a week at home. I tust you have wandering feet and dont mind a bit of the old hard work - followed by copious amounts of alchol of course.

wet_blobby said:
Creddly, where you live is unimportant, you'll be on the road on tour for 12 weeks, tredegar is one of my venues though so unlike the rest of us you'll get at least a week at home. I tust you have wandering feet and dont mind a bit of the old hard work - followed by copious amounts of alchol of course.

Well if I didn't like travelling, the Navy would be out!

I don't mind hard graft, but the copious amounts of Alcohol may be a problem as I don't really drink a lot - but wanting to join the Navy, I've got a feeling I'll need to remedy that problem!

Thanks again Wet Blobby!

Please don't delete your Rum Ration account as if things aren't going as fast as you think at the recruitment process, I'll be taking you up on the offer! Lol

creddly said:
wet_blobby said:

I don't mind hard graft, but the copious amounts of Alcohol may be a problem as I don't really drink a lot - but wanting to join the Navy, I've got a feeling I'll need to remedy that problem!

Thanks again Wet Blobby!

Please don't delete your Rum Ration account as if things aren't going as fast as you think at the recruitment process, I'll be taking you up on the offer! Lol

No problem, you know where I am.

wet_blobby said:
creddly said:
wet_blobby said:

Thanks again Wet Blobby!

No problem, you know where I am.

I do indeed!

Another thing, you say that one of your venues is Tredegar and that I'll have the comfort of being home for a week - which means that it's 12 destinations then. So how come out of 12 destinations, you've picked my tiny town as one of them? lol

Is it Bryn Bach Park btw?

sorry got it wrong, we did Tredegar down Cardiff way a couple of years ago, had the house booked but some [email protected] in charge of the gov decided to hold a G8 finance meeting there after I'd booked so we got bumped over to the park, fcukin ignorant if you ask me, this year were going down to Margam which is closer to Swansea so you'll have to slum it with the rest of us for the full duration!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
creddly CREDDLY - The (brief) Return of ME ME ME!!! The Gash Barge 41
T Creddly Resurgam... in the Fleet! The Gash Barge 2
S Creddly Classics Diamond Lil's 2
leeblease For Creddly Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
D What happened to Creddly? The Quarterdeck 20
Ninja_Stoker Creddly's just got back from the AFCO thread. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 55
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: "HMS Ledbury Returns Home From The Gulf" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Independent Family Returns Panel welcomes new chair MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Falsifying tax returns lands construction boss with ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Careers Service Virtual Jobs Fair returns on June 8 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Historic Immigration Bill returns to Parliament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Helen Chamberlain appointed as interim chair of the Independent Family Returns Panel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inaccurate tax returns lands takeaway boss with ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Filing charity annual returns during the coronavirus pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC to stop automatically sending paper Self Assessment returns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Helen’s Law’ returns to Parliament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Pub landlord banned for submitting inaccurate tax returns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Oil and gas fiscal forum returns to Aberdeen for the second year for talks on decommissioning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New pension scheme "could deliver improved returns for millions" MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM returns to Salisbury on anniversary of Novichok poisoning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The end of an era: RAF Tornado returns from operations for the last time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Pension billions could be unlocked to boost economic growth and savers’ returns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Self Assessment returns: unbelievable excuses and dubious expenses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Geovation Programme returns for 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Self Assessment returns: unbelievable excuses and dubious expenses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Turkey dinner and tax returns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister returns to Chelmsford to announce £18m contract to support... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK team returns following major success at the Invictus Games MoD News 0
W Returns of Service Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Enterprise returns home after three years on Navy operations MoD News 0
Ninja_Stoker Major returns Military Cross... The Quarterdeck 8
soleil The Journal: "North East Royal Navy Reservist Returns Home Aboard Warship HMS Tyne" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil Pompey News: "Home At Last! HMS Illustrious Returns To Portsmouth Today" The Fleet 38
soleil Mail: "The Kiss That Says He's Home" - HMS Dragon Returns From Her Maiden Voyage The Fleet 2
soleil Mail: "Welcome Home Daddy: Emotional Scenes Caught On Camera As Frigate Returns Home" Current Affairs 3
Handler Sea Vixen returns to the air. The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil "Royal Navy Returns To Glasgow After 20 Year Absence" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Scott returns to Plymouth MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Last Type 42 destroyer returns from final deployment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF Tornado squadron returns from Afghanistan MoD News 2
MoD_RSS HMS Somerset returns to sea after £20 million refit MoD News 0
soleil Cornish Guardian: "New Commandant Returns To His Roots" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Western Daily Press: "Veteran Wessex Helicopter Returns Home To RNAS Yeovilton" The Fleet Air Arm 33
MoD_RSS HMS Westminster returns from successful Middle East mission Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS HMS Daring returns from maiden deployment Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS HMS Triumph returns from marathon deployment Current Affairs 9
soleil Greenwich.co.uk: "HMS Ocean Returns To Greenwich This Week" The Fleet 15
MoD_RSS HMS Protector returns from maiden deployment Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS HMS Vigilant returns to the fleet following refit Current Affairs 0
soleil HMS Ocean Returns To Sunderland The Fleet 5