Hi guys

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ricky, Aug 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been very much a lurker so far and found useful infomation on my interview and such.

I applied to be an AET and have passed all the tests, medicals and what not, and i had a phone call this morning from my Afco and was told that my security clearance was back and he can now bid for a place for me.

But due to me being a re-enlister (ex pongo, did my time and left, big mistake) he would have to send it off to a warrant occifer down in portsmouth.

Just wondering if this process is any different to normal? Also whether i can expect any delays because of it? Just it's been a long wait first applied back in November 2008 and due to various cock ups only did my RT on the 17th of June.

Is there anyone who could possibly give me a rough idea as to when i can expect to get the letter letting me know when i will be starting at Raleigh? Or even when i would likely to be going?

I know its only going to be a rough idea but any help/timescales would be greatfully received.

Thanks Ricky.

2. Only thing i can say is its roughyly a 6 month wait from rt to Raleigh for an aet so i think im right in saying December- January time. As for when you get the letter letting you know god knows as i havnt had mine yet!