hi first post, question bout joining up.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by andj, Dec 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey, first post here been reading for a bit now so here goes.

i am woundering, i was half way threw joining bout 5 months ago but i had a family problem wich i had to stop everything for and i didnt want to let anyone know not just the afco, so i never told them the reason i stoped the prosses. i just wanna know what the reaction would b if i was to go in today and ask to restart it..

i was realy wanting to go for it but it was just somthing tht i couldnt get out of..

thanks for your ansrews in advance. :thanks:

2. Does anyone who is literate ever apply to join the RN?

3. Maybe honesty would have been best policy! No doubt Ninja-Stoker, the fountain of recruitment knowledge will be along to help you very soon.

4. I'm sure the AFCO will be understanding of your situation, provided of course that you are open and honest with them. If your "family problem" no longer exists there shouldn't be any problems. If you have had a good relationship with the AFCO staff prior to this they will more than likely be understanding of your situation. Why not call in and speak to your careers adviser face to face. You have nothing to lose.

How far had you progressed along the recruiting process.

5. i had just done the peda so pritty far :p

6. Give your AFCO a call and talk to the Careers advisor, there should be no problem in re-starting your application from what ever point you were at.

Best of luck

Supermario

:nemo:

7. Wots rong wiv the spellin likes?

Ur ah dinasaw, ee's probebly gotta deegree. :rendeer:

8. init :thumright:

9. So, your've got peda files have you? Never mind, they'll still take you, probably.

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It depends on the individual, but if your AFCO sent you a letter requesting you advise them if you wished to continue with your application & you replied yes/no then there isn't usually a problem, as suggested above.

If you did not respond to repeated attempts to contact you via email, letter or phonecall, then you will recall that you will have signed a post-interview caution advising that you must keep your AFCO informed of changes in circumstances - it is then at the discretion of your Careers Adviser as to whether they consider you a viable applicant.

If you still wish to join as a Diver, the waiting time is currently 16 months.

Good luck.