Hi! Few questions

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by nikki92, May 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, I'm new to the forums, and have been considering joining up for a while now; wanted to ask a few questions, if any of you have any advice for a newbie.

Basically, I want to join up as an ET[WE], and wanted to know a few things. What sort of personal qualities are generally required for such a job, and what kind of thing would look good on the application? Also, what would the current waiting times be for training?

One last question, then I can stop pestering you all! How much time, on average [although I realise that it probably differs a lot], is spent at sea? I would love to be at sea quite a lot, and would like to know if it's generally a land-based job, or if you would spend more time on board a ship?

Thanks for your time!
  2. Hi Nikki and Welcome!

Waiting time for ET (WE) is about 8 months.

4. A quick search for ET(WE)
  5. Thanks for the replies, all, much appreciated. andym, I hope I do possess those qualities, and am quite pedantic about my dislike of text-speak! Something that doesn't quite fit with the rest of my age group, as far as I can tell, though...
    The photocopying idea is a good one, I'll certainly be doing that when it come to applying. I also have no Criminal Convictions or anything, so I hope to be fine in that respect.
    Thanks again!
  6. As long as your not a 'been there done that' sort of guy, you have pissed it.