hi another newbie here

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by officer_hopeful, Jan 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, im currently looking into a commission in the royal navy,( as you might have gathered from my username). Im looking at going in as a submarine warfare officer. Any help/advice from old salty sea dogs is always welcome.
    Thanks, sam.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hiya Sam

Welcome to the site & good luck to you.

Doubtless there will be pearls of wisdom showering around you within a few moments.
  3. Not an Old Salt, but going through the system again, having successfully passed once, and there not being enough places... not that I'm bitter...!

All the best mate, have fun in applying its a case of hurry up and wait! Ask your ACLO to get you an Acquaint course.
  4. Welcome,

A simple thought from an old seadog, it would`nt be just for the bounty and then scarper, would it?
  5. No, I am also looking into warfare officer general service, and Ill probably serve for as long as the mob will have me. Mr hig, the real reason I am considering the submarine service is not for the bounty but in fact because I think that the shiny gold dolphins wil look nice on my uniform.
  6. Not as nice as wings would.....incoming !!! :thumright:
  7. Hello Sam and welcome.
  8. Hello Sam!

As someone who is on the verge of going in (41 days not that I'm counting!), i think you'll find Page 4 of the AIB topic extremely useful!

Everything people say about the AIB is from there own experience, some love (like me) and some hated the AIB but if you go in there with a positive mind then you will get out what you put in!

Good luck for the future

9. KLNA, i have inclinations that you may be extremely biased in your assertion of wings being superior to dolphins. All credit to the pilots/observers tho, much respect for you boya and girls.
  10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Not as nice as a wrens snail trail....

Best of luck.