Hi all

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by linnielou, Apr 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I signed up to the forum after finding a photo of my grandad online (at the time he was on HMS Jutland 1961).

After speaking with him he asked if I could contact the guy that posted the photo (he was also on HMS Jutland at the same time as my grandad), unfortunately im not able to message him on the website on which the photo is posted.

Is there anywhere on this forum I would be able to post a looking for message? My grandad has asked me to ask him if he has any other photographs and one in particular of HMS Jutland. My grandad is not on the internet nor has a computer or the inclination to use one hence why he has asked me to help.

Many thanks in advance.
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Can you give the website address where you saw the photo, it might be possible to track something down from that.
  3. Thank you very much for replying, I will post in the nearest and dearest section first.

Thank you.
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Welcome to RR, Linnielou.HMS Jutland was part of the 4th Destroyer Squadron. They have a website, where you might be able to post your enquiry?Mobile
  5. Thank you very much, ill have a look at the website.