Hi all.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jag1990, Feb 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I just thought i'd introduce myself to the forum. I have read previous posts on here, and i thought i may aswell join in the fun.

I'm due to enter HMS Raleigh on the 29th April, as a ET(WE). Which i am looking forward to. :)

I am also going on a 5 day trip, on-board HMS Albion, which i am also excited about. Just an insight to what the ET(WE) job involves and the routines on-board. Hopefully participating in some sport etc. It will be departing from Plymouth and arriving in Portland.

Lets just hope the sea isn't too rough!

If anyone has had any experiences of HMS Albion etc. Your views would be greatly appreciated.

I also remember reading "Pooleys" post, as i understand he is currently doing his professional training at HMS Collingwood. So it would be nice to hear from someone who has some experience of that trade, or the navy life itself. :)

Thanks all.

2. Hi Jag, welcome to the mad house...!!I'm sure everyone will come up with some info on what you're looking for..all I can say is have a nice time on the "Albion"...keep yer back to the wall and don't play any "sport " that involves bending down!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
  3. Welcome Jag1990
  4. especially leapfrog!!
  5. Spent a fair bit of time round Porltland on the Exemouth(Portland trng sqn), quite often got a bit bouncy down there, partly because the ship would roll on dry grass. She was the trials ship for the new gas turbine engines. As a bunting tosser my station for leaving harbour was on the bridge, every monday morning i'd hear the skipper say "start Olympus", which confused the hell out of me. Took me two weeks to find out he was telling the stokers to start the engine's. I digress here, didn't like Portland much, too many English.
    Anyway jag, enjoy your trip, I'm hoping to get a trip on the Albion or Bulwark later this year as i'm a member of the association.
    Enjoy mate, as any of us here willl tell you, it's a great like. i'll stop now cos i's rambling :???: :???: :cool: :cool:
  6. Welcome onboard Jag! On Albion, whatever you do DON'T ASK TO SEE THE GOLDEN RIVET!!! :shock:

Right, now that we've got that little trauma out of the way remember that the best cure for seasickness is to eat lots of diced vegetables before the trip and piccallili, anchovy and stilton cheese sarnies... and get it over with! :wink: :lol:

If you're wondering what to take on your little jolly aboard Albion here's some friendly advice proffered to an arlier enquirer... you need to read it all or it won't make any sense! :twisted:

7. Thanks for the replies all. :)

You were saying about "Non-Bending" sports. Do you know of any that consist of shuffling along a wall? Hehe.

Oh yeah, "Civvy" there is a good 12 pages worth of posts! I think the scroll wheel on the mouse is non-existent now!

Thanks 'Ang' for the post also, enjoy your trip this year too, on Albion.