Hi all...Newbies question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gemma93, Jan 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Fab site, I've been a longtime lurker and have finally plucked up the courage to join....be gentle....

I'm half way down the joining up routine, I got a kitten for christmas, can I take it with me to Raleigh, I heard somewhere that ships had cats, is this still the case?
  2. yeah but phone your Careers advisor at AFCO as soon as because i think it has to be medically checked out first, dont worry whilst at raleigh someone will take care of all your pussys needs, you still have to pay board etc for your kitten aswell tho
  3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I think i might like you.
  4. So, my pussy needs to be checked out by the AFCO staff?

Thank you for replying, I wasn't expecting two hunky sailors to come so soon.
  5. Can I just ask, do you get given a private locker or do you share one?
  6. Blackrat

I'm not a sailor i'm afraid but i do know some things about the Navy. It's important to tell the AFCO staff that you are not adverse to clunge admin, which will open up more trades for you.
  7. Clunge?

Whats that, it sounds like something that happens on Subs.

I want to work on subs, they sound exciting. I imagine when I'm curled up in my duvet with the rain on the window that I'm under the sea on a sub
  8. Well, you couldnt be more wrong!

Also submarine service is only open to Male applicants.
    Im sure N_S or SM will come around soon.

9. What u mean only open to males..... thats a bit sexist

I understand sm stands for subs but what does ns stand for?
  10. Blackrat

NS means Not Subs.
  11. Yeah Boats are only open to males, im sure somebody around here can justify why.

No...... There admins.
  12. Ohh... i stand corrected ;)
  13. Sorry to come across as a bit ditzy, but when you have time off, are you allowed to wear your own clothes and if so, can you wear heels and skirts? I just want to get it right lol!
  14. I wear heels and skirts on my time off. It's fine.
  15. Cool! Did you get a hard time when you joined Montigny? I hear girls get a lot of abuse off the boys.
  16. Not at all, in fact I'm well respected by all, either in a uniform or a dress.
  17. Blackrat

Now this could get interesting.
  18. Very!
    Will keeping an eye on this one ;)
  19. What stopped you? Do you have to change the way you dress after awhile?