hi all newbie here

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jonosi, Mar 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im at my early stages of joining RN ,im off to do RPC in may ,was wondering anybody any insite to it,
    ive been giving a rough date for joining, just waiting on security clearence, which ive no idea how long or how i find out about lol ,so any info on tat would be cool also,
    well cheers ladys and gentlemen ,hope to hear soon :wink:
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Welcome to the site jonosi, couple of points, have a good look at the Newbies threads before asking questions, it helps keep some of us old farts blood pressure down.

You are allowed to use capital letters where required/appropriate. :lol:
  3. Read all the sticky threads in the Newbies forum that should answer most of your questions.
    Stuff from Ninja Stoker and SuperMario can be taken as gospel, other answers should be looked upon as a wind up or complete bollix from someone no futher along the recruitment process than you.....er apart from mine of course. Honest. :wink:
  4. Hello mate and welcome, cant really shed any light on life in the RN as I'm in the same boat as you, but, I have done the RPC and it was the nuts, I see you live in Ulster so its gonna be quite a trip for you to get to the course I'd imagine, but if you can make it defo go. I thought it was a great insight not so much on life in the RN but what to expect at Raliegh.

Any way good luck with it all pal. :)
  5. Cheers Janner lol, Cheers for the link Bootneck ill get reading on that now mate .And also thanks to wereqpr getting the trip sorted so should be cool, really cant wait. Im just training hard (well i must be xbox 360 hasnt been on in a while lol)
    cheers guys
  6. Dont forget the shades!!!!!!
  7. Mirror shades! So fecking '80s. Must be a potential WAFU.
    Or big time Miami Vice fan. :lol:
  8. i want some!!!!
  9. Or Top Gun!
  10. Noobees.... Bless em! :lol:
  11. Hmmm, Callsign Iceman or Goose I wonder?
  12. I vote turkey.
  13. Or speckey four eyes
  14. Hello Jonosi =]

i need to get me some of those shades...afterall i am gunna be a WAFU lol
  15. I was a WAFU, I had to change branches to get shades.

But it was worth it. Top Gun eat your heart out. Sod all like a Wasp kitted out with AS12's. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  16. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

17. Don't worry about the RPC. I got back from mine last week.

Had a great time. I'm the type of person who can sleep 11hrs a day easily and I loved it despite having only 6hrs sleep a night and being busy from 6am til 10pm so it really is nothing to be worried about.

Circuits was the only thing I didn't really enjoy (I couldn't read the whiteboard at one point). there's not too much PT but the main thing to remember is to always try your hardest.

Oh and it say's on the kit list to bring £25 but you don't actually NEED any money although I'd suggest a fiver would be sufficient and make sure you take it to the galley with you in case you pick up something that's not part of the "core" menu (they've got a PAYD system).

Oh and when they say fall in by 10 to that means quarter to unless they say 'Real-time' (be there 5 mins early).

I'm sure you'll have just as good a time as I did.

P.S. What's wrong with mirrored sunnies? I look the nuts in mine :D .
  18. lol cheers all ,£12 in town cheap but dam good shades, had them for 3 years now lol
    cant see out of them very well lol but they look cool
    im quite new whats WAFU?
    and whats dhobi?
    cpt. black ,"TURKEY" dont think so sunshine lol
  19. cheersw gregsnell, cool advice cheers mate, im looking forward to it
  20. WAFU = anyone in the fleet air arm
    Dhobi = From the indian word, means to wash or anything to do with washing i.e. gone for a bath and dhobes, or doing your dhobying hence washing powder is dhoby dust