Hi all, MA in waiting here, first post!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by MR_Medic, Dec 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How ya all doing?
    So like quite a few newbies on here I'm playing the waiting game.
    To make it more interesting I'm also an auld fella, not a skip and a jump off 34 so go easy on me! (Get stuck in, I can take it! :)
    Any other MA's out their waiting on a start date keep in touch, drop me a line if you hear anything exciting.
    Cheers!

2. Hello!!

Welcome to the site and the wait, though you are older than me and possibly have a family etc, the wait should be similar, flying bye like a rocket!

Hold tight and all the best.

3. Cheers Howfen!
    Aye it helps to see others in the same boat/looking to get in the same boat - HMS Raleigh!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moseriver, I'm an old tit just like you. Good luck mate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Howdy, and welcome to the waiting list/RR!

I'm awaiting an entry date for MA also, I've had security clearance through and sent, in the past month, so waiting for that to pass #nervous. ha.
    Dig in there, it'll be here before we know it, hopefully...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome.

The current wait for MA is best advised by your Careers Adviser, but as you're probably already aware, it's roughly two years from passing the recruiting test to entry. In other words, in order to join, you'll need to commence Initial Naval Training before your 37th Birthday.

Best of luck.

7. Cheers Ninja
    yeah thinking if I had to wait till 37 I'd maybe change my mind, prepared to wait up to 2 years and ready to go any-time, here's hoping sooner rather than later.

8. Know the feeling MA_89, funny how you get nervous about the security clearance.. ha ha That time you exposed yourself to the Lord Mayor is coming back to haunt ya!!

9. Damn, as if that's public knowledge, damn youtube! :bootyshake:

Yeah, just have to wait and see, last I heard off my CA which was about 3 weeks ago, he said that the wait for MA had gone to 24months, up from 18.
    Hopefully that'll come down though!

10. Yeah emailed mine today to see what his verdict was, was hoping for it going down rather than up. You never know, as Ninja mentioned in previous posts I've read if so many folk don't take their position then we get moved up the waiting list. I'm the eternal optimist!

11. Hurrah! Another person the 'wrong' side of 21!

Ive finally got my start date...26 Feb 2012 (subject to ANOTHER RNAC course on 30.01.12) I was initially going in as A/C but changed to MA...bit random i know but im much happier with my decision.

Hope you get your date through soon :)

12. fishface

fishface Badgeman Book Reviewer

Its not an RNAC anymore, is the PRNC now! :banghead:

13. Same course, different name...who cares?!

14. fishface

Twas the joke...badly put i admit!

15. You're forgiven...it is xmas after all! :)

16. fishface

On the rnac/prnc point its a pisser we've got to do another...and just to make it more intresting we can fail it! :mad:

17. Well done LRD, yeah the old AC might have been a much longer wait...MA much better choice! Come back and let us know how it all going for ya.
    Nice way to start your new year! Enjoy!

18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

37!!!!!!!!!

You shittin me Ninja?

I clicked on this thread hoping to hear the woes of some blonde nimble young twenty-ish bird....... Jeez 37?

19. Ha ha I'm fecking laughing at this...Blobby I'm no more a nimble young bird than your an attractive old lady.. Put it away, you might put a kid's eye out with that thing!!!

20. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

No fear mate, maddie's eyes are buggered she's been chained in the cellar for so long now. :)