HGV Speed Limit to be raised.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by taffscrivs, Jul 24, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard on the news this morning that the HGV speed limit is to be raised from 40 to 50 MPH. Hooray and about bloody time!

2. As I understand it this will apply on rural roads presumably single carriageway. I have been compelled to follow HGVs on such roads for longer than I care to remember and many of the drivers seemed to be unaware such a limit existed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. All they need to do now is ban them from overtaking when going uphill. Especially on 2 lane motorways, M42 for example

4. Every day is a school day, I had no idea they were supposed to be restricted, another road traffic rule that's was in place that's firmly fixed in the "obey if there's a copper behind you" box!

5. It will be a good thing if it encourages the supermarket trucks to up their speed a bit, nothing worse than trudging along behind a Tesco or Asda truck for 20 odd miles.

6. Great, they can now break down and close the A14 quicker now

7. Cant blame the drives on that front, a lot of these supermarket trucks are fitted with either a tracker, a limter or a engine cut out. Annoyong if your stuck behind them, doubley if your the trucker.