HGV 1 C+E Ex Military Drivers Required - Nationwide

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by DemobJob, Jan 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you have an HGV 1 C+E driving licence along with commercial articulated driving experience?

Are you no longer in uniform but wish you were?

If the answers are yes have a look at this role on CivvyJobs.com :

HGV 1 Driver
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It would mean a pay cut but you've aroused my interest.

What if we're not based in the UK? I take it the driving isn't.
  3. not paying enough thats what drivers where earning 20yrs ago
  4. Disappointingly you must be based in the UK. Please call if you would like to discuss position.
  5. Yes you are right the salary is not fantastic but everyone has their own salary expectations and to some the job security, role and additional benefits add value.
  6. You obviously never worked for Christian Salvesen.
  7. Nor British Road Services
  8. So who are the best payers if you are leaving the military looking for a driving position/career?
  9. wet_blobby

With the exchange rate I'm on the equivalent of about 34k but, hey I'm worth it. (NZ Log truck driver)

If I went to OZ as just your bog standard tar seal runner dragging an Artic nothing special like off road logging or road trains the starting rate is $100k a year. Sorry, I dont know the exchange rate and to be honest I dont want to as it'll only depress me knowing I'm on pauper wages. :)
  10. I wonder how much those Ice Road Truckers are earning in Alaska? Looks a good job ...... wonder if there are any Brit Ex-Military out there?

11. wet_blobby

Doesn't interest me, driving over a pancake flat boring stretch of ice with a piddley little load, and with yanks. No thank you. The TV shows just focus on the fcukwits and admin vortex's. Dont know if you've seen them Yank Logging crews but fcuk me I wouldn't go near them, the roads look great but sod working with those idiots.