Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Chicogiz, Apr 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey long time since ive been on here but i said i will come back when i start the process. I am starting the process now as i have just got a letter back saying to come to some AFCO on the 24/4/08 for psychometric tests. It also say be prepared for Fitness test on same day. I thought the fitness test was like after the interview?

2. hey good to hear you got some dates coming up, i thought the pjft was after the interview too. i know a friend of mine did his before interview at my afco (plymouth) but he was RAF. best of luck anyway mate
  3. Thanks what kind of cloths should i wear? lol :thanks:
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hello, long time no hear! :thumright:

Your letter will actually probably say something like this:

Dear Mr Chicogiz

With reference to your recent application for entry into the Naval Services you are invited to attend this office at 09:00 on 24/04/2008 for a psychometric test. Please bring with you the following documents:

1. Original Birth Certificate and any Change of Name or Adoption Documents you may have (copies are not acceptable).
    2. Marriage Certificate (If applicable).
    3. Any Passport(s) and Naturalisation documents that you possess. (see note)
    4. Any Educational Certificates that you possess.
    5. If you have served before in HM Forces bring your previous service documents and discharge papers with you.
    6. National Insurance Card.
    7. National Health Card. (see note)

All candidates for the Naval Service must be in possession of a full UK, Commonwealth or Irish passport. If you do not possess such a document you will be requested to obtain one following successful interview and medical. Application forms for UK passports can be obtained from any Main Post Office.

National Health Card

If you do not hold a national health card then you can obtain one from your GP or Medical Centre where you are registered. A National Health number should contain at least 8 digits (the newer cards contain 10). If you still hold a card that starts with a series of letters then a new number should be obtained.

Candidates must be physically fit and will be required to pass a pre-joining fitness test. If you do not exercise regularly, you are strongly advised to start doing so now.

It is regretted that no compensation can be paid for loss of time from work.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend this appointment.

Yours sincerely,

AN Other
    Chief Petty Officer
    AFCO Whatever (RN)

The fitness bit doesn't mean your PJFT is the same day, it merely tells you that the selection process involves a PJFT.

Dress smart casual. (Ie; take your hood down)

Good luck.
  5. Tracksuit bottoms tucked in socks, have a can of special brew at hand too
  6. Lol it say the same. Also i dont wear hoods, just because it was in one picture of me jokeing around lol. Thanks for your reply.

7. tennants super works well too and a coldsore the size of belgium
  8. I fecking hate cold sores
  9. the dodgy teeth are optional
  10. But essential for the right look