Hey Quick question!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Toast, Oct 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey i was just wonderin how short you hair has to be for Raleigh,

P.S! i KNOW that you have your haircut at raleigh for £5, i was asking just to get used to really short hair :p
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hiya Toast & again welcome!

Standby a plethura of inane outrage at you having the audacity to ask such a question.

The simple answer is short, back & sides mate. If you don't understand it, your local barber will explain for you.
  3. yeah cheers ninja :D
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I hear the"Brazilian" is all the rage down at Raliegh at the moment.
  5. Why do you have to have your hair cut at Raleigh?

Can't you have your own before you go?

I'm going to have a number 1 or 2, all over before going!

6. Hi and welcome,

I think a number 1 should do the trick :afro:
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm... "haircuts", in accordance with BR81 (RN & RM Uniform Regulations) Article 0222:

8. Ninja_Stoker

PS Like the Avatar Jen- nice one!
  9. Why thankyou Mr. Ninja, I'll buy you a beer for that [​IMG]
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Burp, Ta.
  11. make sure you go over with a grade 1 if you have a pair of clippers just before you in just to be certain or they make you have a cut if its the smallest amount too long.

Otherwise its a waste of a fiver if your skint like me
  12. Shave it off before you go in can't go wrong you can always grow it back to a more sensible length later on
  13. Toejam, your avatar seriously freaks me out.
  14. ****, i'm leaving for raleigh in 3 weeks. I have long hair ( down to my chin) and I have for years haha, i'm shitting myself about cutting it
  15. Thanx, thats what i look like with a hangover
  16. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Lets hope thats the hardest thing thats in store for you then, maybe POLTO can give you a little help when you arrive at Raliegh :dwarf:
  17. Get a number 1 or 2 all over. It makes things easy for dhobying and reduces the chance of getting picked up during the 8 weeks basic training. All you should need to do then is get a neck shave from your oppos.
    After th basic training phase you can grow it to regulation length. :afro:
  18. I still vividly rememer doing the above prior to joining in Jul 83 however, I was still carted off with the rest of the class to the barbers!!!
  19. My mate says no more then a 2 all over. Any longer they'll cut it an charge you, any shorter they'll kick your ass.
  20. So basically, just get a number 2 all over before going then?