Hey Quick question!

Hey i was just wonderin how short you hair has to be for Raleigh,

thanks

P.S! i KNOW that you have your haircut at raleigh for £5, i was asking just to get used to really short hair :p

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hiya Toast & again welcome!

Standby a plethura of inane outrage at you having the audacity to ask such a question.

The simple answer is short, back & sides mate. If you don't understand it, your local barber will explain for you.

Why do you have to have your hair cut at Raleigh?

Can't you have your own before you go?

I'm going to have a number 1 or 2, all over before going!

*LOOK A BALDY*

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hmm... "haircuts", in accordance with BR81 (RN & RM Uniform Regulations) Article 0222:

Male Personnel
1. Hair. Shall be neatly groomed; taper trimmed at the back, sides and above the ears to blend with the hair style. On the top of the head it shall be no more than 15 cm in length and sufficiently short at the front and sides that when the hair is groomed and head-dress removed, no hair shall touch the ears or fall below the top of the eyebrows. It shall be kept above the shirt collar.

2. Hair shall be no greater than 4 cm in bulk at the top of the head, with the bulk decreasing gradually from the top and blending with the taper-trimmed back and sides. Bulk is defined as the distance that the mass of hair protrudes from the scalp when groomed, as distinct from the length of the hair. Styling shall not present an exaggerated or non-conformist appearance, nor shall it interfere with the proper wearing of head-dress. Excessively short hair can detract from a smart and well groomed appearance, however, may be permitted at the discretion of the Commanding Officer.

3. Sideburns. Shall not extend below the ear lobe, shall be of even width, and shall be taper trimmed and squared off to conform to the overall hair style. Sideburns for RM Personnel shall not extend below halfway down the ear.

4. Beards and moustaches. The commanding officer will permit all Naval Service (except RM) male personnel to request to wear full set beards. RM male personnel may wear moustaches at their option. Beards and moustache’s shall be kept neatly trimmed especially, in the case of beards, at the lower neck and cheekbones (see also Annex A).

5. When the safety of an individual might be jeopardised by his beard or moustache, such as in the wearing of oxygen or gas masks, it shall be modified in such a fashion as to accommodate the type of equipment required to be worn (see also Annex A).

6. Beards or moustaches shall be shaved off if the conditions of paragraph 5 cannot be met.

toejam

Lantern Swinger
make sure you go over with a grade 1 if you have a pair of clippers just before you in just to be certain or they make you have a cut if its the smallest amount too long.

Otherwise its a waste of a fiver if your skint like me

****, i'm leaving for raleigh in 3 weeks. I have long hair ( down to my chin) and I have for years haha, i'm shitting myself about cutting it

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
willmuse said:
****, i'm leaving for raleigh in 3 weeks. I have long hair ( down to my chin) and I have for years haha, i'm shitting myself about cutting it
Lets hope thats the hardest thing thats in store for you then, maybe POLTO can give you a little help when you arrive at Raliegh :dwarf:

Get a number 1 or 2 all over. It makes things easy for dhobying and reduces the chance of getting picked up during the 8 weeks basic training. All you should need to do then is get a neck shave from your oppos.
After th basic training phase you can grow it to regulation length. :afro:

sgtpepperband said:
Hmm... "haircuts", in accordance with BR81 (RN & RM Uniform Regulations) Article 0222:

Male Personnel
1. Hair. Shall be neatly groomed; taper trimmed at the back, sides and above the ears to blend with the hair style. On the top of the head it shall be no more than 15 cm in length and sufficiently short at the front and sides that when the hair is groomed and head-dress removed, no hair shall touch the ears or fall below the top of the eyebrows. It shall be kept above the shirt collar.

2. Hair shall be no greater than 4 cm in bulk at the top of the head, with the bulk decreasing gradually from the top and blending with the taper-trimmed back and sides. Bulk is defined as the distance that the mass of hair protrudes from the scalp when groomed, as distinct from the length of the hair. Styling shall not present an exaggerated or non-conformist appearance, nor shall it interfere with the proper wearing of head-dress. Excessively short hair can detract from a smart and well groomed appearance, however, may be permitted at the discretion of the Commanding Officer.

3. Sideburns. Shall not extend below the ear lobe, shall be of even width, and shall be taper trimmed and squared off to conform to the overall hair style. Sideburns for RM Personnel shall not extend below halfway down the ear.

4. Beards and moustaches. The commanding officer will permit all Naval Service (except RM) male personnel to request to wear full set beards. RM male personnel may wear moustaches at their option. Beards and moustache’s shall be kept neatly trimmed especially, in the case of beards, at the lower neck and cheekbones (see also Annex A).

5. When the safety of an individual might be jeopardised by his beard or moustache, such as in the wearing of oxygen or gas masks, it shall be modified in such a fashion as to accommodate the type of equipment required to be worn (see also Annex A).

6. Beards or moustaches shall be shaved off if the conditions of paragraph 5 cannot be met.
I still vividly rememer doing the above prior to joining in Jul 83 however, I was still carted off with the rest of the class to the barbers!!!

Chaz said:
I still vividly rememer doing the above prior to joining in Jul 83 however, I was still carted off with the rest of the class to the barbers!!!
So basically, just get a number 2 all over before going then?