Hey! Im new here :)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jakec448, Nov 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,
    My names Jake, Im new to navy-net. I applied for the royal navy sometime ago now, as a weapons engineer. passed my psychometric test and recently got my papers through to sort my eye test out. so really i was just wondering what sort of time i could expect to wait after eye test for my medical? and from there on as far as im aware its about 28 days till PJFT? what can i expect in my medical? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Have a scroll through the newbies forum mate, every question imaginable is in it. You'll find the size of bag to take to raleigh to haircut length within its hallowed pages.

Welcome to rum ration and please ask any question you want, the lads are very understanding. :)
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Wise words!!!!
  4. Welcome to Rum Ration!

Medical is a general assessment of your health, get naked & urine test.
    I believe the PJFT is now the same time as the actual RNFT so if you're 16-24 it's 11.13
    You also do a PJFT around the astro pitch at Raleigh on the 2nd day in PT kit
    I don't know any WE's but I think they do their phase 2 training at collingwood so hope this info helps and good luck!
  5. Your speciality I believe?

Edit: That's the spirit Patrick! I'll make no further references to your non-existant problem.

Shame, it's been fun...
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Duck marching and pressups in boxer shorts is a definite highlight.

edit: come to think of it, I hope it wasn't just me that had to do that?
  7. I think you've been had......
  8. I turned up ( been twice in last two months ). Hey chicogiz how you doing? walk straight for me and let me take your urine. Ok thats it have a good day.
  9. My medical was pretty average. The doc Banner clamped my nipples and handed me packet of Watsits. Afterward he tested to see how long it took for my fingers to go back you their normal colour. I was then asked if I could name all the contestants in the final of the first X factor.

Pretty standard tbh.