Here's to...

The places we used to haunt.

From the MCRD squad bays i started in
to the Quonset huts i spent a very very cold Christmas 1989 in
To the Marine Barracks Mare Island Naval Shipyard (now a Medical School),
To the building 621 where i lived for 2.5 years (now a dilapidated old ruin),

I lift a toast: Farewell old friends, Farewell. I remember you always.

F Block at JRTE HMAS Leeuwin.
The WWII era 40 man barracks in HMAS Penguin.
OPP Block in HMS Dolphin - even older. :p

None of the above still used for their original purpose - giving sailors a place to lay their heads in between runs ashore. :D

The wooden shacks down by the river in Drake. Our skipper on the Finisterre took one look at them and said, "they were not fit for human inhabitation". Drake accomodation occifer said to him, "OK, for your lot then!" The Jimmy stepped in to stop to stop what would have been a spectacular end to someones career!

Semper Strenuissima.

Short Covered Way
Armada Club
China Fleet Club
Fighting Cocks, Alverstoke
Duck Bay Marina, Lock Lommond

That is where my ghosts will be found

Nutty

The Ferry Hut at HMS Vernon where you had to kip the night because you missed the last ferry back to HMS Dolphin,especially if there was about 8 of you !!

HMS Chrysanthemum where I got my first taste of the RNXS (whilst still a serving Observer (Obs) in the ROC), now a dilapidated shell :(

1A3/11 Post No.1 Group ROC where I spent 11 happy years from a gullible J/Obs to an cynical Obs, a small part of that underground. :)

Nicks said:
The Ferry Hut at HMS Vernon where you had to kip the night because you missed the last ferry back to HMS Dolphin,especially if there was about 8 of you !!
Yes happy memories, at least of what led up to a night in the hut.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Miscellaneous 0
Shakey Blue Jokes 0
Clouseau Site Issues 17