Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go again.... Fcuking help!

Guardsman, served 1982 -1990

Been found living in a tent and attempted to cash in his chips with 64 sleeping tablets, released from hospital into hostel yesterday.

SSAFA, RBL all now involved, been asked if we can help.

Goes without saying that when he is on the road to recovery, we'll send him to Spain for some needed RnR, but speedos and armbands are the last thing on his shopping list at the minute.

Anything we can do to help will be sent forward.

Paypal: [email protected]

HSBC: Holidays4heroes
Sort: 40-12-09
Acct: 41416081

Ta muchly
 

Oomallac

Badgeman
I too have been down that road, (ex RN 1976- 1990) only the pills/J Daniels/Stella i took disagreed with me so it was very much a DIY stomach pump.

Without going into all the sordid details, I ended up "residing" in a subway on Hyde Park Corner, for almost 2 years. The Old Bill were frequent "guests" sometimes telling me to "Move along".

At this time I was severely depressed and eventually was put in touch with Veterans Aid who helped me enormously.

This happened almost 2 years ago, it hasn't been easy but I would commiserate with anyone who has the misfortune to "hit skid row". Once off the streets, I taken several course/examinations and have hopes for a new job soon.

Through this may I say abig thank you to VA in particular and all the other help agencies. I have made a contribution (albeit a small one). And finally remember that there is ALWAYS someone worse off than you.
 
Job done for this fella, however there are four families needing a break and a couple more welfare cases waiting in the wings so the begging continues.

It's a never ending circle but with every bit of cash you lot give the quicker we can help the next family or guy down on his luck.

It would all be a lot easier if people would just pack in getting blown up or slotted.


Keep giving and helping please folks, the well of funds to help these lot is running dry, we do have a few more auctions to do but it's the donations we really rely on.

Ta.
 

morsehorse

Lantern Swinger
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
Job done for this fella, however there are four families needing a break and a couple more welfare cases waiting in the wings so the begging continues.

It's a never ending circle but with every bit of cash you lot give the quicker we can help the next family or guy down on his luck.

It would all be a lot easier if people would just pack in getting blown up or slotted.


Keep giving and helping please folks, the well of funds to help these lot is running dry, we do have a few more auctions to do but it's the donations we really rely on.
MLP
got the keys for rental villa on Monday now in the process of getting it up to scratch will let you know when ready.The offer of a week still stands
MH
xx


MLP

Ta.
 
DeepHeat said:
Can i pay straight into bank rather than pay-pal?

Can I be cheeky and ask how the money is used?

Thanks MoresHorse, very kind.

Deepheat. Primarily, the money is used to fund holidays in Spain for Servicemen and their dependants who need a break to aid any form of recovery. This can be a wounded servicemen and his family, or a family of someone killed in action and need some time to gather themselves. We are now looking further afield to Florida in order to provide a more family orientated package.

On top of that, we also use the money to help a very diverse set of cases. For instance.

A WWII veteran was burgled and amongst the items stolen where his WWII medals. We paid for him to have a burglar alarm installed and also his medals replaced and mounted in a display box. Unfortunatley he died shortly after but at least he went knowing that someone does actually give a fcuk.

We also help former servicemen off the street when they've left and fallen on hard times, servicemen who are, from no fault of their own, in financial hardship and need help and any other case deemed serious enough to require help..

We also recently helped a young boy who was going blind at a rapid pace, before he reached the stage where he lost his sight completely, we arranged for him to visit the Army Air Corps, Red Arrows stc.

So we do a great many things all of which require your kind donations.

Thanks again.

MLP
 

DeepHeat

Badgeman
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
DeepHeat said:
Can i pay straight into bank rather than pay-pal?

Can I be cheeky and ask how the money is used?

Thanks MoresHorse, very kind.

Deepheat. Primarily, the money is used to fund holidays in Spain for Servicemen and their dependants who need a break to aid any form of recovery. This can be a wounded servicemen and his family, or a family of someone killed in action and need some time to gather themselves. We are now looking further afield to Florida in order to provide a more family orientated package.

On top of that, we also use the money to help a very diverse set of cases. For instance.

A WWII veteran was burgled and amongst the items stolen where his WWII medals. We paid for him to have a burglar alarm installed and also his medals replaced and mounted in a display box. Unfortunatley he died shortly after but at least he went knowing that someone does actually give a fcuk.

We also help former servicemen off the street when they've left and fallen on hard times, servicemen who are, from no fault of their own, in financial hardship and need help and any other case deemed serious enough to require help..

We also recently helped a young boy who was going blind at a rapid pace, before he reached the stage where he lost his sight completely, we arranged for him to visit the Army Air Corps, Red Arrows stc.

So we do a great many things all of which require your kind donations.

Thanks again.

MLP

Good work fella! I take it you helpservice women aswell? I'll sort my pay pal out and comething to you.
 

DeepHeat

Badgeman
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
DeepHeat said:
Good work fella! I take it you helpservice women aswell? I'll sort my pay pal out and comething to you.

That, my friend, is my speciality. :wink:

Of course, I was being un-PC. Service-people.

Nah don't bother fella I'll take the service women under my wing caring bloke I am!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
drewfester Here we go again! Another new uniform Current Affairs 141
finknottle Syria, Here We Go Again! Current Affairs 50
MG Maniac Here we go again???? Current Affairs 12
R12_CV Here we go again... Current Affairs 10
Rumrat Here we go again Current Affairs 21
NotmeChief Here the ******* go again. Current Affairs 8
trelawney126 Here We Go Again Current Affairs 14
J Banks unbelievable Here we go again but with OUR cash Current Affairs 2
F CVF - Here we go again... The Fleet Air Arm 2
L Here we go again! Current Affairs 12
superpom Here we go lads...laddettes? The Quarterdeck 114
MoD_RSS Getting back behind the wheel? Here’s some useful advice MoD News 0
A Medical fail - where do I go from here? Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS We will robustly defend human rights here at the UN and beyond MoD News 1
LeedsBornLeedsBred Passed out 5 week ago, here to answer any questions. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS Here we go! Football fans urged to remember basic rules of road MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Cash here to stay as government commits to protecting access MoD News 0
Lily jade Newbie Here The Corps 13
J Any MAs on here? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
L New here ;) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
LateToTheParty HMS Conqueror - Did anyone on here serve on her? Submariners 8
N Any Accelerated Apprenticeship Scheme: Marine Engineers here? Joining the Royal Navy 31
Simon - Quest Magazine Want to keep flying? Here’s how … The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Crinkley Stuff No Who does What Here Finance & Pensions 1
NateDogg Any serving Aircraft handlers on here? or anyone applying? Joining the Royal Navy 49
SquidlyDiddly Any SE Officers or Cadets here? RFA 0
BillyNoMates "Everything to see here" History 0
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. The Quarterdeck 2
G Collingwood here i come RFA 10
S Anyone on here a part of the recruitment team? Submariners 14
A I'm back from my PRNC - Here's a few tips for anyone yet to do it! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
D Anyone here a SG 1/2 RFA 5
Ninja_Stoker The "your name here" thread Diamond Lil's 205
Jockanese Mine Warfare (I know, it's already on here but...) The Fleet 5
ToonPatriot Any Aircraft controllers here? The Fleet Air Arm 6
C Is anyone here a marine engineering technician? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
5oclockhero Any current or ex-RFA personnel on here? RFA 6
soleil Waikato Times: "Happy 21st, Here's The Keys To An Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 3
T The Greatest Military / Pub Duvet Jacket known to man - Kosa 3 Mk II is here Travel & The Great Outdoors 1
T Does this go here? NAVAL OFFICERS HONOURED FOR ROLE IN SOMALIA MoD News 0
MaiBelle Off to Ghana...cause it's not hot enough here! Travel & The Great Outdoors 34
fails_as_is Duty watch really turned to under the glory shower here... The Gash Barge 2
Repulse New chap here... History 19
F Anybody here seen Peppa ? The Gash Barge 52
2 anyone here into athletics? Sports and Adventure Training 8
B What is wrong with some of the see you next tuesdays on here? The Gash Barge 40
Good CO Software upgrade done this morning - any errors here please / Blog removed Site Issues 39
finknottle Our spineless government could learn a thing or two here. Current Affairs 36
SONAR-BENDER Roll up! Roll up! Get yer F30 gizzit here! Diamond Lil's 2
Similar threads


















































Top