Here we go again.... Fcuking help!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Montigny_La_Palisse, Jul 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guardsman, served 1982 -1990

Been found living in a tent and attempted to cash in his chips with 64 sleeping tablets, released from hospital into hostel yesterday.

SSAFA, RBL all now involved, been asked if we can help.

Goes without saying that when he is on the road to recovery, we'll send him to Spain for some needed RnR, but speedos and armbands are the last thing on his shopping list at the minute.

Anything we can do to help will be sent forward.

Paypal: [email protected]

HSBC: Holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

Ta muchly
  2. I too have been down that road, (ex RN 1976- 1990) only the pills/J Daniels/Stella i took disagreed with me so it was very much a DIY stomach pump.

Without going into all the sordid details, I ended up "residing" in a subway on Hyde Park Corner, for almost 2 years. The Old Bill were frequent "guests" sometimes telling me to "Move along".

At this time I was severely depressed and eventually was put in touch with Veterans Aid who helped me enormously.

This happened almost 2 years ago, it hasn't been easy but I would commiserate with anyone who has the misfortune to "hit skid row". Once off the streets, I taken several course/examinations and have hopes for a new job soon.

Through this may I say abig thank you to VA in particular and all the other help agencies. I have made a contribution (albeit a small one). And finally remember that there is ALWAYS someone worse off than you.
  3. All the best to you fella, and thanks for the contribution.
  4. OK, lunchtime today. :)

MLP : Have you posted this elsewhere as well ? (I haven't looked)
  5. It's everywhere relevant T, thanks for the bump.
  6. bump and done
  7. What's the latest, MLP?
  8. Job done for this fella, however there are four families needing a break and a couple more welfare cases waiting in the wings so the begging continues.

It's a never ending circle but with every bit of cash you lot give the quicker we can help the next family or guy down on his luck.

It would all be a lot easier if people would just pack in getting blown up or slotted.

Keep giving and helping please folks, the well of funds to help these lot is running dry, we do have a few more auctions to do but it's the donations we really rely on.

9. Donation inbound and a bump.
  10. Here's a few quid. Keep up the good work.
  11. Can i pay straight into bank rather than pay-pal?

Can I be cheeky and ask how the money is used?
  13. Thanks MoresHorse, very kind.

Deepheat. Primarily, the money is used to fund holidays in Spain for Servicemen and their dependants who need a break to aid any form of recovery. This can be a wounded servicemen and his family, or a family of someone killed in action and need some time to gather themselves. We are now looking further afield to Florida in order to provide a more family orientated package.

On top of that, we also use the money to help a very diverse set of cases. For instance.

A WWII veteran was burgled and amongst the items stolen where his WWII medals. We paid for him to have a burglar alarm installed and also his medals replaced and mounted in a display box. Unfortunatley he died shortly after but at least he went knowing that someone does actually give a fcuk.

We also help former servicemen off the street when they've left and fallen on hard times, servicemen who are, from no fault of their own, in financial hardship and need help and any other case deemed serious enough to require help..

We also recently helped a young boy who was going blind at a rapid pace, before he reached the stage where he lost his sight completely, we arranged for him to visit the Army Air Corps, Red Arrows stc.

So we do a great many things all of which require your kind donations.

Thanks again.

14. Good work fella! I take it you helpservice women aswell? I'll sort my pay pal out and comething to you.
  15. Donation on it's way. Keep up the good work.
  16. That, my friend, is my speciality. :wink:

Of course, I was being un-PC. Service-people.
  17. Nah don't bother fella I'll take the service women under my wing caring bloke I am!
  18. Thankyou Pellew.

19. Can one make a regular, tax efficient, donation so the charity can claim the tax back from the IR?