Herald: Stormy ex-matelot admits to graffiti

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by exJenny, Nov 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I've seen this guy protesting at the main gate watch on stop on for months now. It's easy to dismiss him as an idiot, I certainly did, until an oppo of mine, and his told me the full story. It's not quite as black and white as the story would have you believe.

3. Do tell tiddlyoggy?
  4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I don't think I can Finks, sorry. I don't fully understand the legal ramifications. All I'll say he's not the sad weirdo you may think having just read the story.
  5. If he has spent so much time in service and volunteered so much, it does suggest that such actions do have some underlying reasoning. A balanced story would be boring though, may as well portray him as a weirdo to sell some papers
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Not my patch so unaware of the background TO refers to, but this concerns me:

Serving personnel should not attend any court hearings in uniform. If, as reported, the Defendant was no longer serving, why was he wearing a naval uniform in public? :?

What is unsaid it probably more interesting...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Good lad!
    I wonder where they pulled the £1000 worth of damage from, is that to pay some pointy headed dockies £25/ hour, one to get the wets on, one to stand about smoking Rollie's and one to look at the sign with his thumb up its arse!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. A similar thought crossed my mind. Additionally;

Perhaps if Guzz stays open for another 300+ years, the Herald might get the hang of the ways of the Navy. I shan't hold my breath, though, on the detail being even noticed.

Without knowing the scale of the clean-up, it's hard to credit the

I suspect, though, that it would be case study of why Naval kit and support costs so much.
  9. Is this why he's not been at Camels Head Gate for a while then?