Herald/Scot.: "Police Batten Down Hatches As Sailors Arrive"

Re: Herald/Scot.: "Police Batten Down Hatches As Sailors Arr

'The Strathclyde Police memo warns: “Given the length of time personnel will have spent prior to these dates – April 9 to 11 – at sea, there is the possibility that incidents of drink-related unsociable behaviour may occur'

?????

Harry_off_the_Hermes said:
'The Strathclyde Police memo warns: “Given the length of time personnel will have spent prior to these dates – April 9 to 11 – at sea, there is the possibility that incidents of drink-related unsociable behaviour may occur'

?????
They will be in Faslane from the 9th to the 11th. Prior to this, they will have been at sea. In the case of some of the skimmers, perhaps for as much as two weeks (that is the mean time between jollies, isn't it?).

“It will be the first time they’ve had a beer and seen pretty girls in weeks so they might go wild.â€

really?

A

angrydoc

Bit of an overreaction by The Herald!

Surprised Salmond hasn't got a few words in too.

What's new? Ships and submarines have been gathering at Faslane and Glasgow twice per year (three times per year until fairly recently) for Exercise 'JOINT WARRIOR', formerly 'NEPTUNE WARRIOR', formerly JMC (Joint Maritime Course) for as long as I can remember.

Neptune Warrior Rebranding

RN Community Website" said:
...JMCs were conceived after the Second World War to ensure that the RN and RAF maintained credible ASW forces against the Soviet submarine force. Sixty years on, the Course still strives to deliver exactly the trained required to satisfy the needs of its diverse training audience.

However, the Course has evolved to provide training against the wide range of traditional and asymmetric threats faced by joint forces today. There has also been increasing emphasis on providing training for air and land forces, which now recognise the opportunities and threats posed by the maritime flank and want to take advantage of the training possible within a Course...

Joe_Crow said:

?????
They will be in Faslane from the 9th to the 11th. Prior to this, they will have been at sea. In the case of some of the skimmers, perhaps for as much as two weeks (that is the mean time between jollies, isn't it?).
Thanks for clearing that up, I was a bit confused. Aye, I was usually ready for a few scoops after a couple of weeks at sea although I don't remember too many headlines along the lines of "Pembroke Dock prepares to batten down the hatches ready for the arrival of HMS Fox"

Thanks for clearing that up, I was a bit confused...
No probs. You are merely serving to illustrate just how badly written this piece is. Journalists are better than matelots at keeping their dits free of unhelpful facts

wet_blobby

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
wet_blobby said:
SPB will be a busy boy if he's unlucky enough to be up there. :p
Hmm, matelots kick off in Scotland? God forbid - they might cause tens of pounds' worth of damage... 8O :twisted:
There you go see, bloody coppers over egging it as usual.... :p ...It'll be a fiver at most. :lol:

I suppose if incidents occur they will be dealt with effectively by the Strathclyde Police. After all the only thing Royal Navy policemen are capable of locking up are internet forum threads :wink:

Have a nice day

IDOITDEEPER

IDOITDEEPER said:
I suppose if incidents occur they will be dealt with effectively by the Strathclyde Police. After all the only thing Royal Navy policemen are capable of locking up are internet forum threads :wink:

Have a nice day

IDOITDEEPER
Lol (in between calls to Huey on the big white 'phone).

wet_blobby said:
If they've got any sense they'll get on the first train to Edinburgh. Glasgow's a sh1thole.
you've obviously not been to the good part of glasgow. . .

Wait, there is no good part. But to be honest, edinburgh isnt much better.

Latest Threads