Herald: "Military Wives Choir Sing HMS Turbulent Home"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Dec 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ideal stocking-filler for your wife or girlfriend (or even both) with proceeds going to the RBL and SSAFA. CD available for only £1.99 online here:
    Amazon: Wherever You Are

2. They're all over the press at the mo...which is nice...as Mrs Polto is in the choir...Saturday kitchen this Saturday...amongst other things...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Have to say Chris Evans (and indeed BBC Radio Two) has done his level best to keep this in the spotlight, all credit to him.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  4. On the 19th Dec on the big screen in Plymouth City centre there should be video of the choir singing carols which was recently filmed at St Katherine's in The Citadel.

5. Any twitters here? RT #milwiveschoir & #MWC4XNo1

Happy days.
    I believe the MWC Christmas carol video was being shown in Plymouth city centre big screen yesterday.

Anyone in the London area...at HMV Oxford street on the 19th there will be an official 'release day' event happening with members of the choir present.

I once had a wife...now I have a pop star. What's that all about? Kids haven't been fed for weeks!

6. The 19th or the 20th?

7. The 19th Sol.

8. Oh.

From HMV's Facebook page:

hmv

Members of TV’s the Military Wives Choir (25 representatives), will be joined by Gareth Malone for a festive performance outside HMV 150 Oxford Street on the morning of Tuesday 20th December to launch their bid for the Christmas No.1 with their new single, ‘Wherever You Are'.

9. You have clearly trumped me Sol...must be the after effects of last night's section night out...apologies. Note to self - must try harder!

10. Well done to Turbs and welcome back to a rather wet, cold and
    windy Plymouth.

B.N.M.

(Ex LRO(SM) - the W/T Office - HMS TURBULENT)

X X X