Herald: "Military And Civilian Police Lock Down Plymouth Pubs In Hunt For Drugs"

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, Jan 11, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. F my tall hat...Seems like a bit of a waste of time,money and resources. And it appears the dog was furious.:rofl:
  2. It seems like a lot of resources expended to catch one stoner.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
  3. What if they'd caught a hundred, would that be better for you?
  4. Oh no poor Guzzler will be without his meds now :(
  5. Read about this in a copy of the 'erald down the pub a while ago, and must say I thought it was a pretty stupid PR exercise. Obviously I don't know the whole story but if it is just a couple of people having a smoke it is a very heavy hammer to crack a pretty insignificant nut when there are real criminals to arrest (admittedly most are in Whitehall), but if it is actually some serious dealers fine - crack on plod (no pun).

What R3? Just alcohol and dreaming of you are my drugs of choice.
  6. Of course not. That doesnt mean that expending this much manpower to catch one user isnt a spectacular home goal for the boys in blue. TBH if I was to **** up that royally I wouldnt then choose to brag about it in the press.
    I've also got reservations about this as a civil liberty issue, but its alright cos drugs is evil innit!
    My final issue with this is that a navy with only 19 DD/FF can still afford to pay people to dream this NCIS shit up.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. looks like the cat got out of the bag before the plod(s) 'saddled up'
  8. lets be honest, union street/plymouth is nothing for a night out like it was 15 years ago.
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

It was difficult to survive down there 40 years ago :shock:
  10. Hello chaps, Hugh Jarce, Navy Police, you may think that 40 of us raiding every pub and club on Union street and searching hundreds of people for one arrest was a waste of time and money, well it wasn't, this was all about building relationships, and I'm pleased to announce that Bernard from the British transport Police has asked me to marry him
    • Like Like x 2
  11. A marriage made in Union street! Can't be legal!