Herald Express: "Dartmouth BRNC Officers Brave The Rain"

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, May 1, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 6068188-large.jpg

"Lord High Admiral’s Divisions has taken place at Britannia Royal Naval College in Dartmouth, marking the formal commissioning of 96 new Naval Officers.The parade was the culmination of 30 intensive weeks training for the Officers on parade, who stood proudly, watched by their families and friends, despite the rain. Among them were two Officers from the Republic of Singapore Navy, as well as 16 Royal Navy Officers who had been promoted from the ranks and nine new recruits to the Royal Fleet Auxiliary."

PICTURES: Dartmouth BRNC officers brave the rain | Torquay Herald Express
  2. At least mine was just chuffing cold!
  3. Woow the Subbys have a shed full of medals!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Well, one of them is a RR member!
  5. Can they draw them from the armoury along with their swords?:glasses8:
    Nice to see that those who have served on the lower deck stand out.
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Is the penny dropping?
  7. Seadog

If that makes them 'nails' what does it say about these guys - Officers and Ratings?

Photo from Imperial War Museum.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. no shit Sherlock!!!!!
  9. It's not too difficult to spot the SD's amongst that lot :)

It's nice to see Shit Dits W**** stepping out as the left hand marker in the phot, he was a JR on a boat I was on, then a CPO last time I saw him, the boys done well!!
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  10. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Clocked him straight away Wrecks but bloody mobile won't load pics properly. Anyone else we know on there?

11. Not that I can see ExJ, but Goldy has just joined so expect to see his ugly mug sometime in the future :pirat:
  12. That was the mighty Echo division or SUYs to you old farts! Biggest SUY intake to date 19 (20 originally) hope this trend continues. Cheers AFG!

Here is SDW, spinning at full speed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 2
  13. [​IMG]

Bit of a pot mess, as the "contract" does not recognise the SUYs as a class, so we had to ask for this to be squeezed in between the SQN phots. It won't be on the halls of hog warts.

14. [​IMG]

This is our wake and shake rig for the pass out days early morning muster.

• Like Like x 2
  15. [​IMG]

Here is Shit dits W/£&@ on the surface before suffering due to not being a skimmer warrior!

16. Just a side note, the mrs got me this as a commissioning gift. To mark my leaving the real navy and joining the wardrobe.

All his work is custom and can do all sorts and source all sorts!

• Like Like x 1
  17. to be honest, I don't think class phots have happened for a while, even when the photographer was in-house. Even 12 years ago they did it by branch, so no group shots for Vindictive, Warspite, Tiger, Revenge, etc...
  18. Seadog

Some trouser offences going on there. What is it with way too long trousers leaving the excess concertinaed on top of the shoes? It's not the worst example I've ever seen but the offenders are too old to be going to 'grow into them'.

Nevertheless, being out in the rain without an umbrella is in the finest traditions of the Service.
  19. Fair one, again not to blame the "contract" but it's a sausage factory. No way is my officer suit any where near as good tailoring as my POs.

Plus the front rank is sun dodgers, tiffs and WAFUS.

20. Mine did 15 years ago.